Mitsui Garden Hotel Ginza Premier
$103
$86
Orbitz.com
1,482 results
All reviewstokyo towershimbashi stationfish marketgreat hotelgreat view of tokyohotel startsfloor to ceilingwalking distancerooms are smallhotel lobby islimo busloved this hotelexcellent locationhigh risethe main shopping streetsuperior roomtsukiji market
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Researched many hours for a property in Tokyo that would accommodate our 2 day layover. This one won out for price, location and the fact that the Narita Bus Limo service stopped right outside the front door.

As in Tokyo room space is small considering western standards, but we only slept there so not a big problem. The shower was considerably large and the water pressure was exquisite. The lobby area view was amazing.

Two issues while we were here - a very unique luggage strap went missing from our room. Strange item to be go MIA, but like we note it was unique. Tip - secure and lock any misc items when you're not in your room. 2nd we accidentally left behind duty free on the bus limo service - we were able to recover it, less the liquor. Given the reputation of Japan and the bus company, disappointed, but I guess we shouldn't have been too surprised. Our fault for forgetting the bag.

Room Tip: Pillows are not as soft as at home, save some dollars by having maid service switch out linens every three days and there are MANY reasonably priced restaurants in the neighbourhood - just look beyond the Main Street level.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yukon Landcruis... R
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The rooms are on the cozy side, but still with room to move around, clean and beautifully finished- the floor to ceiling windows offering views of the city are wonderful. Beds very comfortable too, which is welcome after a long flight.

The restaurant and bar on site are rather expensive, but there are hundreds of options on your doorstep in the Ginza area. (Even if suffering from culture shock, the nearest Starbucks is about 150m).

The lack of additional amenities on site mean I perhaps wouldn't recommend for a long leisure stay, but for a shorter city break, or a longer buisness trip, I'd be very happy to return.

The hotel is very well located, for both transport options and for a wide variety of restaurant options in the Ginza area. It is also one of the nearest hotels of its calibre to the Fish Market (10-15min walk) if that is on your itinerary.

Room Tip: All the room have a "view"- going by the size of our room, I would guess that the very smallest rooms, described for 1-2 people, are only really for solo travellers, or those who are used to being cooped up!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peckish_abroad
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We had booked a non smoking superior double room and on entry to our room the smell of smoke was very noticeable. We went down to the lobby to try and rectify the problem double checking with them they hadn't mistakenly put us in a smoking room. They ensured us that it wasn't a smoking room. Although my Japanese is not great I had heard the staff speaking in Japanese to each other saying that our room was a smoking room but they had no other rooms available that day. They said we could change rooms the following day if we would like.

The actually hotel room itself was reasonable. Decent size, although the bed was on the small side. The bathroom was nice and large with a shower and separate bath in the same enclosed area. The views were decent - Tsukiji Markets, Tokyo Bay and Rainbow Bridge in the distance. To add to this, they have free wifi and wired internet connections in the room at 54mbps speed upload and download which was nice.
The location of the hotel is decent. Close to the Tsukiji fish markets but a little far from a train station.
I have stayed at several other 4-5 star hotels in Tokyo and this one was the least clean and also the most expensive. Although I am not really one to care about marks on walls etc, the smell and lack of ventilation in the room made it feel rather unclean.
In conclusion the over all experience wasn't that bad but because of what had happened on arrival and not getting what I had paid for and then lied to about it. I would not risk having the same thing happen again. I won't be staying here next time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
11  Thank Dale C
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

It was my second time to stay in Mitsui Garden Premier Ginza. I also stayed in Mitsui Garden Italia Gai once but found Premier Ginza is better in terms of quality.

Location-wise some people may find it not convenient enough but it is absolutely fine if you do not mind a few minutes walk to either Shimbashi or Ginza station. Shiodome and Yurikamome to Odaiba is also within walking distance. You can easily drop your shopping bags after crazy shopping in Ginza/Yurakucho area and go out again and save the money in using coin lockers. Another advantage is its proximity to Hamamatsucho where you can jump on the monorail to Haneda. Taxi fare to Hamamatsucho is only 800 yen.

The hotel is situated in the top floors of an office building which means all rooms have splendid views over the Tokyo city. Lobby area is stunningly nice and can see the Tokyo tower clearly. Hotel service is excellent e.g. they helped me to find a very yummy sukiyaki restaurant in Ginza and also assisted me in making the reservation. They also took care of our luggage and sent them to our room directly when we checked in the second time during our trip.

Our room is moderate-twin type. I booked directly via their hotel web site and I found it is normally the cheapest. Room is small but acceptable and normal according to Tokyo standard. It is clean and modern with excellent amenities in the bathroom. The only down side is the lack of a working desk. Internet is amazingly fast which I found is the best among hotels I have visited.

Room rate is around 15000-16000 yen per nite for this room type and I found it very reasonable for such quality of hotel with a view from your room. Definitely recommend it for anyone staying in Tokyo.

• Stayed: February 2013
5  Thank Harmomimi
Reviewed January 23, 2013

You can't beat arriving in Tokyo and being welcomed to this lovely hotel with it's amazing views of Fuji. The rooms are just right, spotlessly clean and the breakfasts are an incredible to the Japanese approach of eating 30 different things a day. You could manage it at breakfast alone here! We were very happy to stay at this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple