Dormy Inn Tokyo Hatchobori
$168
$77
JAPANiCAN.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $97/night.

$129
$82
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $91/night.

$284
$143
Trip.com
$126
$107
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

$637
$555
Mandarin Oriental
  • Room Service
All reviewshatchobori stationramenfree shuttlegreat onsenkeiyo linejapanese onsenindoor hot springground floor restaurantonsen bathour room rate included breakfastbusiness hotelsubway stopwestern disheshot bathwalking distancethe breakfast areastayed here for nights
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I stayed here for 8 nights, travelling solo and for the first time in Tokyo, and Japan in general. I picked this hotel for the bang-for-buck that other hotels in the pricerange couldn't offer; Onsen (which was great!) and included breakfast (which was delicious), combined with a nice and quiet neighbourhood (for a big city, that is), and short walking distance to convenience stores, restaurants and metro (Hatchobori station, JR Line and Hibiya Line).

The staff was always welcoming and cheerful, and always did their best to help. The room, though small, was nice, tidy and well-lit, and the bed was reasonably comfortable. The shower and toilet was small and basic, but practical and clean. Onsen was terrific, and the shuttlebus to Tokyo station a great bonus when leaving for Narita airport by train. The breakfast buffet had a good selection of delicious breakfast items, both western and japanese. Even though I saw a few other tourists during breakfast and around the lobby, the hotel seemed to be more aimed towards locals for shorter stays, or business trips.

Room Tip: I got room 409, which was placed in the corner; Its got an extra window on the side for more light and ventilation. Many of the other rooms had a small balcony, which my room didn't have, but as I never saw anyone on them, I'm not sure if they're operational or even allowed to use.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Predormitum
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The Dormy Inn in Hatchobori appears to be an older building. The interior in the upper floors (where the rooms are) is drab and echo-y. The rooms are outdated. The double room was surprisingly large, although I heard the singles were very small (which is typical). The bathroom was also typically tiny, but it was in good shape. The real problem was that the room hadn't been cleaned well for some time. It was very dusty in the corners. The western style beds were also very hard.

That said, this hotel has several redeeming factors that almost made me give it a 4. First, breakfast was quite good. There was a wide array of Japanese breakfast items as well as western style food, such as waffles. They also have a very nice onsen. This was my first onsen experience, and I was a little nervous about the whole situation. However, the locker room area was very clean, with some nice toiletries available for use. They also had laundry machines in the onsen area (I think the washers were free.) The shower area was clean. The larger indoor bath was too hot for me, but the bath area is attractive. I didn't try the smaller outdoor baths, but they looked nice. The best surprise was the free late night ramen snack. This was very welcome after a very long day of exploring. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but what I got were fresh cooked-to-order noodles and delicious pork. More of a meal than a snack!

The hotel isn't located in a particularly exciting neighborhood, but there is a train station and some restaurants nearby, as well as a grocery store within walking distance. Actually, the area is really nice for wandering around on foot, as it's very close to the Chuo Bridge and Sumida river.

I can't speak to the value as this stay was included as part of a tour package.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank PiccoloAkira
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights travelling solo.

I had stayed at a Dormy Inn previously in Kurashki and had a good experience.

I chose the hotel,supported by favourable Trip Advisor reviews, because it is on the Keiyo line for
access to Disneyland and Tokyo station.

It is easy to find from Hatchobori station,A1 exit.

It is quite an old hotel with rooms arranged around a central void the height of the building with nets across the void at each level to prevent falls.

I booked through booking.com and paid nearly JPY 10,000 yen per night including breakfast.

The room was typical Japanese size is compact.I am used to firm Japanese beds but this was uncomfortably hard.

The air conditioning was quite noisy,turning on and off quite often.The window could be opened.

There was a stainless steel sink at one end of the room with the kettle adjacent.The bathroom was quite old with a shower (no bath) which had a folding door.There was a small basin inside the shower cubicle,an unusual arrangement.

There was a small table projecting from the wall opposite the bed and two small stools but no proper chair.

I found the ladies onsen
disappointing.The changing and washing area was nice.There was a large inside bath but the water was too hot for me.There were 2small outside rectangular baths,the size of typical Australian bathtubs.They were not so hot.I tried the onsen two nights.I do have some prior onsen experience but these made my skin very itchy.

The hotel is very popular with Japanese people.It would be very helpful to non Japanese guests to provide explanation of the room features in English.

The breakfast was typical Japanese fare, catering to their majority clientele.

The best point was the staff-at the front desk and the breakfast room.They helped me find places on the internet, searching Japanese sites.

Because the Dormy Inn was full for my last 2 nights I moved to the APA Hotel nearby.It is the same price and is new.

theKeiyo line

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Australiafrancophile
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The room is small. However, it's very cozy and made me very comfortable during the entire stay. Most recommended are the variety of their breakfast, the traditional Japanese food was very delicious, the warm and welcoming staff, hot spring bathing area and the late night free Ramen treat. The price was so reasonable. The location was so convenient. It's only 1 minute walk from the MRT Station. They also offer free shuttle buses from MRT Station. I will definitely stay here again in the future! By the way, I stayed there for 3 nights from Jan. 10~13. I only saw Japanese in the hotel. However, the hotel staff spoke English without any problem. Thanks for all the hotel staff who made my trip!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Connie0858
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

The Dormy Inn is a small Tokyo hotel primarily aimed at the Japanese market. The rooms are small (no drawers for clothes, small bathroom), the beds have hard and sometimes uncomfortable mattresses (my wife liked the bed). I hated the breakfast. The staff is friendly, but not very helpful, and their English is barely existent. But the baths are wonderful and worth the stay.

• Stayed: October 2013