All reviews rice balls yen bus yurakucho corridor heart ginza exit tokyo
Selected filters
Reviewed June 26, 2018

Smallish hotel in heart of Ginza (near Imperial Hotel), surrounded by good restaurants in every price range, a block or two from main Ginza streets, short walk to stop for 1,000 yen bus to Narita Airport. Near subway and train stations. Yet is quiet and cozy at very reasonable rates. Good service. Breakfast included. Rooms comparable to European three star hotels, not as large as those in U.S. Good service. Make sure you have address, some taxi drivers may not know. Get map at Hotel desk so you can find your way back to the hotel (some of the alleys can be confusing, especially given Tokyo's address system.

Room tip: Our room was very quiet, but we were on 9th floor.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leonard L
GinzaBellevueHotel, 支配人 at Ginza Bellevue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2018

Dear Leonard L
Thank you for staying at Ginza Bellevue Hotel and your compliments. Our hotel is a stylish hotel with complimentary breakfast and a central location. Our free breakfast includes bread, riceballs, fruit, juice, milk and tea. We are also one block from the Ginza subway station and a five-minute walk from the JR station. For first-time guests coming to our hotel, you can print out the map in pdf from our website. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 1, 2016 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in October 2016. The hotel is situated in a very good location and is not far from Yurakucho station. There are convenient stores, restaurants and department stores nearby - it's just right in the Ginza shopping area. Hotel staff are very helpful and friendly. They do speak English. The room is clean though a little bit too small. Hotel price also includes simple breakfast (bread, rice-balls, banana and soft drinks). My overall impression is good. Will consider coming back again.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 1, 2016

Dates of stay: September 11 - 14 (3 nights)
Ginza Bellevue Hotel is a nice small boutique hotel located in the heart of Ginza!

As usual, I knew I was travelling to Tokyo in September and I did a whole lot of research on budget hotels because I am not the type to pay a lot for stay considering that I was only there to sleep and not to live. But I am pretty particular about the location, amenities, and various factors that will either make or break a hotel stay experience. My last trip in May 2015 was in Shinjuku, that is on the west side of Tokyo, so this time I thought I should explore the east side and I narrowed down to Ginza as my main target.

Here are the top reasons why I chose Ginza Bellevue Hotel:

1. Location: smacked right in the center of Ginza, the closest exit is C2 and you just walk 2 minutes to reach your hotel. What more can you ask for? Other than being in the heart of Ginza, you are literally in the center of 3 train/subway stations - Shimbashi, Ginza, Yurakucho! Just imagine it being in the center of a triangle formed by the 3 stations and you feel like you are in the best location ever! I am just 2 minutes from Ginza shopping street, 5 minutes from Yurakucho and 10 minutes from Shimbashi. I can definitely vouch that I saved time on travelling and transport because Ginza and Yurakucho was just there and I didn't have to lug heavy shopping here and there. It was time saving and convenient.

2. The hotel: The reception was located on level 2 and has a lift to access all floors. There isn't a need to freak out that you have to lug your heavy luggage to walk up flights of stairs. It was clean, neat and looked modern to me.

3. The room: I had a single room that came with a queen size bed (?) or perhaps a super single bed, personal bath room, and the amenities include Shiseido bath cream, shampoo, conditioner. As I had booked a "Ladies" plan, I was given the DHC amenities which was another plus! They clean the room daily and make the bed, so that is all standard and great for me as a "lazy" traveler who does not like to make bed during overseas trips.

4. Breakfast: This hotel served free breakfast from 7am to 10am, which is a plus for me since I do not like to fret thinking on the night before what to buy from the convenience stores. The breakfast was simple but adequate for me as a unfussy traveler. It consists of onigiri rice balls, different breads, hard boiled eggs, bananas, with adequate supply of coffee, tea, orange juice and milk. All free flow, please feel free to eat and fill your stomach for a heavy shopping day!

5. Service: their concierge is 24hours operated so anytime you need help, you can go to the concierge staff for help.

6. Sleep quality: I was on level 5 in room 504. I thought the sleep quality was great because though downstairs was a stretch of food places that operate late into the night, but I didn't have disturbed sleep from the noise, maybe the sound proofing was excellent.

7. Convenience: I cannot stress more on the location and convenience of this boutique hotel. Everything is just within reach - convenience store, drugstore, food places, Starbucks, etc. As I mentioned, it is just 2 minutes from the main Ginza shopping street so if Ginza Bellevue is not convenient, I don't know what is!

Overall, this hotel is not the romantic hotel for a romantic stay but it serves its basic purpose of a good, clean, comfortable, and convenient hotel for a traveler like me!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 504 on level 5. But do select the ladies plan to get free DHC amenities for ladies...

Date of stay: September 2016
Reviewed May 5, 2016

I travel to Tokyo frequently and always stay in the Ginza Bellevue as it offers a peaceful, relaxing and very well priced alternative to other hotels in Ginza. The staff are always helpful and friendly, their free breakfast more than acceptable and the rooms are comfortable and well equipped.

Room tip: If you ask for a room on an upper floor it will be marginally quieter, especially if you prefer the window open that air conditioning.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2016

If you don't require much room, but want a comfortable bed and a central location in Tokyo Ginza district, this place is for you. Get the delux enclosed bathroom, breakfast is included. If your an early riser, coffee, ect. is served at 6 am...an hour rearlier than Starbucks!

Room tip: Rooms on the back side are quieter. Street front rooms are exposed to the crows that feast on the daily garbage pick up.
Date of stay: March 2015