All reviews little mermaid bakso breakfast is served yogurt mid range hotel subway station comfortable stay free wifi within walking distance bookshop ochanomizu bed conference yen japan tub suitcases
Selected filters
Reviewed January 8, 2019 via mobile

Good value for the price. Small but typically clean and compact room with everything you need (not spacious but well- designed). Lovely helpful polite staff. Area full of bookshops, guitar shops, universities, eateries, and easily walkable to train station, subways, Imperial palace etc. Our first accommodation in Japan and more than acceptable!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jet805888, Front desk Ozasa at Sotetsu Fresa Inn Ochanomizu Jimbocho, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2019

Thank you very much for using Sotetsu Freszain Ochanomizu Jinbocho this time. Lots of compliments and we staff are all very happy. Because the hotel is a town where there are many shops that have been since long time. Because our hotel is in Chiyoda Ward, I think it is very easy to go to the main station in Tokyo.
Thank you very much for your time posting. We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Front Staff Ozasa

Reviewed November 19, 2018

Good location, train station close by.
Few stops away from main Tokyo station.
Clean, reasonable size rooms.
Good helpful staff, speak English well
No breakfast but plenty of restaurants close by
nice neighborhood

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2018

It suddenly rained one day when I was staying there. When I arrived at the door, the concierge immediately handed me a towel. This hotel takes care of details like that, which is great.

Breakfast is a bread basket at the attached bakery "Little Mermaid". Can't finish the five pieces. But they let you take the rest away, so that you have something to munch on while wandering the city.

The room is quite small, as expected. But in addition to the dressing table, there's another desk. Another thoughtful and nice touch.

Next time in Tokyo I will definitely use it again.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2018

I'm staying in Superior Room... For a Japan mid-range hotel, I think its quite big. The bed is also quite big and very comfy.

This hotel is near to Jimbocho Station exit 7 and surrounded by shops and bookshop.
There is a halal ramen shop nearby and in front of the hotel is Daiso :)

For ladies, they provide free amenities like face mas, cleansing oil, face wash etc which is a plus.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 16, 2018

Stopped in Tokyo for a few days on my way out of Japan after a conference. Having gotten back into tourist mode, I negotiated the Tokyo subway to this place with a giant suitcases. It's easy to find, within walking distance from Awajicho Station and (as the same suggests) Ochanomizu Station and Jimbocho Station (last is closest, first is easiest to get to from Tokyo Station).

The staff was friendly and helpful on check-in. As with my previous hotels on this trip in Japan (and South Korea), the room was tiny, but at this point I expect that. It comes with plugs and attachments, which was convenient for all my devices, an in-room refrigerator (make sure this is turned on before you use it—the switch is inside), and free WiFi that is fairly fast. The bathroom is small but roomy enough for basics. The shower is this odd standing-room tub that I've encountered in Japan before. I could not for the life of me figure out how to adjust the temperature on the shower and just got lucky that by default it was already perfect for me. Room is warm by default, as elsewhere in Asia, but the wall thermostat directly controls the A/C unit.

A word about the A/C unit: while running, it makes a periodic swishing noise that, when you're lying in the bed, sounds exactly like feet being dragged over carpet and you swear it's coming from inside the room. In a dark, quiet room when you're tired from travel and halfway around the world from home, this can be absolutely terrifying. However, it's just something inside the A/C.

As far as location, there are a lot of good restaurants on the nearby streets, and the Little Mermaid, which is part of the hotel, serves a decent assortment of bakes goods for breakfast (cash only—I don't remember if you can get breakfast included as part of your reservation). It's about a mile walk to the Imperial palace park and so very convenient to locations in central Chiyoda. My first night I walked to Tokyo tower and the next day to the Imperial Palace Gardens. You can walk further afield to, say, Chuo or Shibuya, but with all the subway stations around, those provide easy access, too.

All in all, it was a comfortable stay in a convenient location. I just wish I'd known ahead of time that the A/C unit sounded like someone lurking under the bed to murder me. I spent one sleepless night under the covers to figure this out for you. You're welcome.

Date of stay: May 2018