All reviews little mermaid bakso breakfast is served yogurt mid range hotel subway station comfortable stay free wifi within walking distance bookshop ochanomizu bed conference yen japan tub suitcases
Selected filters
Reviewed July 3, 2018

I'm staying in Superior Room... For a Japan mid-range hotel, I think its quite big. The bed is also quite big and very comfy.

This hotel is near to Jimbocho Station exit 7 and surrounded by shops and bookshop.
There is a halal ramen shop nearby and in front of the hotel is Daiso :)

For ladies, they provide free amenities like face mas, cleansing oil, face wash etc which is a plus.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed May 16, 2018

Stopped in Tokyo for a few days on my way out of Japan after a conference. Having gotten back into tourist mode, I negotiated the Tokyo subway to this place with a giant suitcases. It's easy to find, within walking distance from Awajicho Station and (as the same suggests) Ochanomizu Station and Jimbocho Station (last is closest, first is easiest to get to from Tokyo Station).

The staff was friendly and helpful on check-in. As with my previous hotels on this trip in Japan (and South Korea), the room was tiny, but at this point I expect that. It comes with plugs and attachments, which was convenient for all my devices, an in-room refrigerator (make sure this is turned on before you use it—the switch is inside), and free WiFi that is fairly fast. The bathroom is small but roomy enough for basics. The shower is this odd standing-room tub that I've encountered in Japan before. I could not for the life of me figure out how to adjust the temperature on the shower and just got lucky that by default it was already perfect for me. Room is warm by default, as elsewhere in Asia, but the wall thermostat directly controls the A/C unit.

A word about the A/C unit: while running, it makes a periodic swishing noise that, when you're lying in the bed, sounds exactly like feet being dragged over carpet and you swear it's coming from inside the room. In a dark, quiet room when you're tired from travel and halfway around the world from home, this can be absolutely terrifying. However, it's just something inside the A/C.

As far as location, there are a lot of good restaurants on the nearby streets, and the Little Mermaid, which is part of the hotel, serves a decent assortment of bakes goods for breakfast (cash only—I don't remember if you can get breakfast included as part of your reservation). It's about a mile walk to the Imperial palace park and so very convenient to locations in central Chiyoda. My first night I walked to Tokyo tower and the next day to the Imperial Palace Gardens. You can walk further afield to, say, Chuo or Shibuya, but with all the subway stations around, those provide easy access, too.

All in all, it was a comfortable stay in a convenient location. I just wish I'd known ahead of time that the A/C unit sounded like someone lurking under the bed to murder me. I spent one sleepless night under the covers to figure this out for you. You're welcome.

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank Nikhil K
Reviewed May 9, 2018

I traveled to Tokyo Japan and stayed in this wonderful hotel. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel or the wonderful staff who run it. Every single person who ran this hotel was super friendly. Probably the nicest people I have ever met. They always say hi and bye when you leave, even if you ran in again because you forgot something in your room. Attached to this hotel is the little mermaid cafe where I had my breakfast every morning (around $6 a day). You get 5 total of either donuts, pastries or breads, and a small yogurt on the side and unlimited coffee/tea. About a 1 minute walk from the hotel just down at the end of the road is Jimbocho Station where this metro connects you to multiple other cities to take via the train. I suggest getting a suica card which is very easy to retrieve once down in the subway. You just go to the machine where is shows the pink PASMO sign (IC card) and create a new one and add cash to the machine and it will spit out your card. I spent a little under $50 total for 9 days when using the subway everyday. I saved a lot of money this way rather than getting the JR rail pass for $350 for 7 days (but if you are headed out to Kyoto then I suggest you get the JR Rail pass as its about $260 to Kyoto on the bullet train). I could go on and on about how much I loved Tokyo but I will say you must try the steak and pizza at Seafood Diner Fingers just down the street as well as trying to get to Cafe Gram in Harajuku to try out there amazing fluffy pancakes. Akihabara was also a blast! Make sure to carry your passport with you as there are a lot of tax free shops but require your passport if you want to save a little money. Enjoy this place, its amazing!!

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed December 14, 2017

A nice comfortable stay. Room is very small, but is average by Tokyo standards. Very clean and quiet. Great night sleep with black out curtains & not a sound from outside. Bathroom is clean and modern with smart toilet with heated seat and a small bath. Desk. Very efficient use of space - they fit a lot into a small area. Breakfast is served at adjoining Little Mermaid bakery for 600 Yen. It is OK, but light. Reception were quick, courteous and always helpful. Great location - easy walk to Jimbocho metro station. Plenty of food options close by. Added bonus - great laundry to do your own washing!! Stayed 3 nights and would stay again.

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank Pantherboy
相鉄フレッサイン御茶ノ水神保町, お客様担当マネージャー at Sotetsu Fresa Inn Ochanomizu Jimbocho, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2017

Dear Pantherboy.

Thank you for staying our hotel this time!
We’re very happy to hear that you spent comfortable.
Also thank you for praising about the facility of our hotel.
Our hotel is located near the stations and in the entertainment district, so we pay attention to the soundproof.
We’re sorry that you weren’t satisfied with breakfast. We will discuss with the breakfast restaurant to improve the service.
Therefore, there are many kind of restaurants including Japanese food near in our hotel, so do not hesitate to ask receptionist some recommendation.
Finally, we are really appreciate for posting your reviews.
We look forward to serving you again.

Sotetsu Fresa In Ochanomizu-jinbocho
Front desk: Kato

Reviewed May 9, 2017

This is not a bad hotel however there is something that you need to know before you come there. I came early in the morning after long trip and I just wanted to get into my room as soon as I can and to take a shower. However, it was too early for check in.
I came after an hour hoping that room is ready and front desk lady explain to me that they have to charge me for early check in. For 3 hours in advance USD 30.00 for 2 hours USD 20.00 and for one hour USD 10.00. I was shocked. I am travelling all over the world and I never had situation like this. I realized why they have so late check in time (3:00 pm) - to be able to charge more people !!!
I was upset but I was waiting until 3 pm. I also, asked to talk to manager. I said that is not necessary to be right away it is OK to talk to him tomorrow or day after tomorrow. They never organized that !
Situation # 2:One evening I asked to tell me where is a nearest exchange office. They try to find it on the map, they looked like no one ever asked them about it. They were so confused and they looked very unprofessional. If you work in a Hotel and if you deal with strangers you MUST know that !! They finally found it after 10 minutes....

Budget Hotel with very small rooms (one side of the double bed was up to the wall and you have to "jump into the bed" ). However, it is clean and location is very good. The breakfast has to be much better. I never seen smaller yogurt in my life.

All in one ,not a bad Hotel however I was upset during my whole stay because of their check in policy (at 3 pm) . That is very "cheap" policy and if you want to keep decent level of Hotel's image you do not have to do that.

Room tip: I do not know
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kamioni-Avioni
相鉄フレッサイン御茶ノ水神保町, Front desk at Sotetsu Fresa Inn Ochanomizu Jimbocho, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2017

Dear customer,

We deeply apologize with the situation you have faced.

Since our room cleaning staff does not stay for 24 hours, most of the rooms are not ready.
Therefore we could not bring you to the room before an official check-in time.
We have to make a special rapid request to the room cleaning, this is the reason for an extra charge.

With the exchange office, we now have researched better but still we do not have one yet in Jimbocho area. We have to bring you to the ATM which accepts foreign credit card cashing or bank which only accepts USD, EUR mainly.

Finally, sorry for your inconvenience and the largest of our room square meter is 20.4m, which is Twin Universal Room.
Thank you for your word about cleanness and the location advantage.

Sotetsu Fresa-Inn Ochanomizu-Jimbocho