“Fabulous view & convenient location.”

Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo Marunouchi
Ranked #11 of 79 Hotels / Ryokan in Chiyoda
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This hotel is literally a few steps away from Tokyo Central Station, so is handy for access to Shinkansen (bullet trains), express to Narita airport & several subway & JR lines. It is new & beautifully appointed, but the best thing is that reception is on 27th floor & rooms are above, so all rooms have a spectacular view over Tokyo. The bar/dining room also has a wonderful view. Breakfast was excellent with a good range of western & Japanese choices.Staff were attentive & helpful & the room (queen size bed) had plenty of space for us and our luggage. We spent the last night of our trip here, but I would definitely stay here again if I was visiting Tokyo & be happy to stay longer.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlisonCoffsHarbour
Write a ReviewReviews (1,002)

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We found the staff very welcoming on arrival and they worked hard to accommodate our early arrival.

Our room was a reasonable size, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. He view from the room was impressive.

The breakfast was expensive for the choice of options on the western buffet side and what options there were could be considered to be mediocre.

The restaurant itself has some lovely views over Tokyo and is spotlessly clean and well presented.

The hotel is in a good location, but can be difficult to find.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Once you find your way, this is a splendid good value hotel (comfort/service/quality). We had two stays here, our first night and the last two nights of our Japan trip. They kindly looked after a couple of our bags whilst we travelled. Our rate included breakfast for the first stay and we found it a little disappointing; food quality and service. The second time we just went into the station for good coffee and pastries. In every other respect it was excellent. Great front desk, bell captain and floor staff. Yes, the rooms are small but it is Tokyo and a reasonable price. We found them just fine, well equipped and very relaxing, and a great view of Tokyo too. Wifi good. A few minutes walk gets you to ple-nty of good commercial areas.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My wife and I where on an 8 day visit to Tokyo, and did stay at this hotel for the whole vacation.
The hotel seems brand new, everything is clean and nice as elsewhere in Tokyo.
We did arrive 3 hours early, but where not able to check in early as our room was not ready. We had not included breakfast in our room and had to pay about 25 USD per person for breakfast per day. We did try this the first day, but even though the breakfast was ok with both Japanese and western breakfast it was not worthy the price. For the rest of the stay we started our day with a breakfast in the Starbucks situated right outside the hotel.
It was limited with places to place our clothes in the room, so we had to keep all the clothes in the suitcase during the stay. Every morning we got an English newspaper at the door, and we got two bottles with water and refill of coffee and tee.
We had a room on the 32rd floor, and we had no problem with noise from the outside or inside the hotel. The beds where excellent, but perhaps a bit hard for western taste.
We where very happy with the location of the hotel. It is in a finance district and located next to the Tokyo Station. You can enter from the Narita Express without having to go outside. It is a short walk from the Empires Palace, that also have a 5 km running course around it. It is 5 minutes with the sub/train to Akihabara (electric city), and 5 minutes the other way to Ginza shopping district. If we should go to Tokyo again we will most likely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I usually stay here as my Japanese HQ is just nearby. The location near Tokyo Station is also great since that's where the Narita Express train comes in. Rooms and bathrooms are, like most 3-4 star hotels in Japan, on the small side but since it's only me, there's no complaints. I've never eaten in the hotel since Daimaru and Tokyo Ramen Street (B1 of the Tokyo Station) are only 5min walk away so I can't comment on the quality of the food. Check-in and check-out are speedy, and the availability of free wifi is definitely a plus. So as a hotel for my business trips, I'm fine with it but if I came to Tokyo for a holiday, I'd probably stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2014

had stayed 2 day for business.
arrived very early at 6:30am and was hoping to get early checked in but they have no policy? or no room available for me for early check in....

just beside the train station.
they had vending machines on every floor (with ice machine) so super convenient!

room and sleep is good.

Breakfast is wonderful. japanese + western choice available.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I came in 8am in the morning after an overnight flight and was obviously tired. I checked in, but was informed that my room is available only from 3pm. I explain that I am tired and need a room immediately so I can get some rest. He comes back after a few minutes and say the room can be ready at 2pm. I say that if he needs extra charges that is not the issue, I just need a room. Still the best he can offer is a room in 30 minutes. I continue to "negotiate" for another 10 minutes, obviously getting increasingly irritated and in the end there is obviously rooms ready and I get it. So why drag a tired customer thought this and give a horrible start of the visit??
Secondly, I question why you have to wait relatively long in a breakfast queue when there are tables available. I waited for many minutes seeing several free tables, and I talked to customers waiting 20 minutes the day before. So here the hotel logistics are poor.
Finally, what totally sealed my impression is the checkout. It's at 1pm but with meeting closing at 1.30pm I asked for 1 hour late checkout so I could change before going to the airport. But they refuse without extra charge. I have not experience such rigid staff. Well, the power lies with the customer. I am unhappy and I am sharing it. I hope the hotel will improve, but I will not take the risk to try the services again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Fridtjof_from_Norway
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chiyoda
The Tokyo Station Hotel
Odaiba / Shiodome / Shinbashi
Park Hotel Tokyo
Park Hotel Tokyo
#6 of 118 in Minato

Been to Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo Marunouchi? Share your experiences!