I stayed at the Metropolitan Marunouchi for a week in April 2013. This hotel offers a great balance of convenience and comfort.
1) Location. It is located near the Nihombashi exit of the Tokyo Station. A tad hard to figure out the first time but really easy once you get oriented. This means easy access to trains and metros. It also is close to a station outside the tokyo station if you don't want to fight the crowds. If you fly to Narita, take the NEX to Tokyo Station, 30mns ride, and 10mns walk through the station. Cabs stop by the station in the morning, easy to catch one as well. You can also walk to the Imperial Palace from the hotel (and if you are a runner, there is a 2mi pedestrian path around it).
2) Ambiance, views and rooms: The hotel lobby is perched way high (I think 23rd floor) which means every room is located on high floors. I had a view of the Tokyo Station itself. Beautiful spectacle at night! Quiet and relaxing. Lobby is trendy with a nice miniature model of the Tokyo Station.
Rooms are small (welcome to Japan!) but I felt it had everything I needed. They promptly brought me anything I asked for (extra hangers, iron etc). All in all it feels modern, the dark colors of the corridors, the modern look of the elevators and lobby. All makes you feel this is a nice clean modern hotel.
Cons? Not easy to find the first time (there is really no sign on the building itself) You have to take 2 elevators to get to your room (1 to get to the lobby, 1 lobby to room) but that's minor. Prices were decent for Tokyo (cheaper than surrounding hotels). Their restaurant/bar is nice, with good views too but a bit expensive. If you want to go shopping for food or groceries, there is a 7-11 at the entrance of the station and a few stores in the building. I still felt it could use more cafes, restaurants etc..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Metropolitan Marunouchi, located in central Tokyo, is surrounded by many appealing area attractions including the leafy and historic Imperial Palace and the Ginza shopping district. Additionally, the hotel's location in Marunouchi continues to offer new style, and the historical Nihonbashi area is widely beloved by edokko-Tokyo natives.Both business and leisure guests can take advantage of the hotel's convenient location adjacent to the Tokyo Station, providing the best access to transportation throughout Tokyo and Japan for your business and leisure travels.With high quality service, high grade interior and the latest facilities, this Tokyo budget hotel provides comfort that is one notch above the competition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, JAPANiCAN, Travelocity and Ctrip TA so you can book your Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo Marunouchi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Metropolitan Marunouchi
- Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo Marunouchi Japan