My husband and I stayed at the Peninsula for a week. We loved every part of it and really could not think of a single negative. Our room was the best city hotel room we have ever stayed in- the layout is perfect. The bathroom/ dressing area is separated from the sleeping area. This was great because I always got up earlier than my husband. The closet/dressing area is awesome with a vanity in the closet and plenty of hanging room, suitcase space & shopping bag space. The bathroom has a "spa" button when pressed the lights dim and the spa music comes on! The space is perfectly set up for traveling, enough space for 2 huge suitcases, very comfortable and easy to feel at home.
We had a park view which was perfect because we were lucky enough to be there during the cherry blossoms and were able to see the trees from our room at breakfast every morning. Room service was prompt, great selection and beautiful presentation. The spa was fabulous, especially the relaxation room. Did not try the indoor pool. We tried Sunday afternoon high tea- it was lovely. The lobby bar seamed to be the place to be for Tokyo's lunching ladies so it was fun to be around them- very bustling, sophisticated and high energy. Also, on the weekend there was a wedding everyday. In the basement you can get food to go- for a picnic in the gardens. We tried the rooftop lounge for lunch and drinks- great view, drinks, and delicious lunch. The hotel is 5 min walk to Ginza and the Royal Gardens- loved that. The service and staff were perfect, gracious and kind.
Will definitely go back to the Peninsula next time we are in Tokyo!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Peninsula Tokyo offers 314 spacious guestrooms, including 47 suites, five restaurants, a modern lounge bar, two ballrooms, six elegantly designed function rooms, a wedding chapel, a Japanese ceremony room, a fitness centre, The Peninsula Spa, a fleet of Rolls-Royces, Mini-Coopers, and BMWs, and two jewellery shops. Guestrooms are among the largest and most technologically advanced in Tokyo and offer stunning views of the city, the Imperial Palace Gardens and Hibiya Park. Interior designer Yukio Hashimoto, an alumnus of renowned Japanese interior design firm Super Potato, intertwines rich earth tone colours, woods, lacquer, marble and stone with design and functionality to create a luxurious living environment described as "international in design, but Japanese by inspiration." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsClick, Ctrip TA, Rakuten, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Peninsula Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Tokyo Hotel Chiyoda
- Peninsula Hotel Tokyo
- Peninsula Hotel Chiyoda
- Peninsula Tokyo
- Chiyoda Peninsula
- The Peninsula Tokyo Japan