1,981 results
All reviews dressing room lobby restaurant nail dryer valet box walk in closet peter bar imperial palace park view room rolls royce mood lighting deluxe suite espresso machine two sinks chinese restaurant dressing area living area hibiya park
Selected filters
Reviewed August 4, 2015

It's hard to keep these reviews interesting after so many repeat stays, but that's truly the beauty of this place. They have never let us down, not even once. I do have a new story to tell though. We were here with two kids (under 10), and it was a real rush to check out one day so we accidently left over the equivalent in $1000 cash on the desk! I was almost immediately informed of this later by the hotel who kept it for us until we returned a day or two later. They found it before we figured out we had left it. This is truly a testament to not just the incredibly honest and helpful staff but also the Japanese culture and people. I can't imagine many other places where something like this could happen. The service remains outstanding, the food is great, the rooms are perfect, the housekeeping standards are the highest I have ever encountered. Our only wish would be for a faster/stronger internet connection. BTW, this is also the children's favorite hotel in the world. They can't pronounce the name but they know it's their favorite, largely due to the special attention they receive here-- personalized cookies and "make your own cookie" activity, child sized robes and slippers that fit, bath toys, children's toothbrushes- they go all out here to make the kids feel at home. They are also an excellent business hotel and their spa and pool are wonderful.

Date of stay: July 2015
Reviewed August 2, 2015

My wife and I returned after a long absence and I am glad to report that the Peninsula Tokyo has maintained the sky-high standards that we remembered from before. This time we visited with two young kids, and our suite was equipped with all the necessary amenities on arrival - a large cot, bath toys, colouring books, snack hamper and even a set of tot-sized bathrobe and slippers. We had room service everyday as it was just easier with the kids, and every meal was wonderful - from the tender wagyu steaks to the ocean-fresh sashimi.

The key differentiater was the wonderful service provided by the staff - no request was too small (or large) and all fulfilled with quiet efficacy and always with a smile. We did not get a chance to use the complementary house cars (which included a Rolls Royce) as they were always utilised, but I am sure that would have been a great experience.

If I can point to a shortcoming, it is in the sometimes cold attitude of the concierge and transportation desk staff. When we asked for suggestions or car availability, we were met with stony faces and cursory answers - I do recall the concierge being a bit friendlier the last time ... Perhaps it was the summer heat.

Overall, we had a very good time and will try and make this our base in Tokyo every time we visit. Yet again, the Peninsula has delivered on its promise of perfect luxury!

Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed August 2, 2015 via mobile

My husband and I decided to stay at the Peninsula Tokyo for the second part of our honeymoon. And let me tell you, we are so happy we did because this property is true luxury.

Location: The hotel is located in the Ginza neighbourhood of Tokyo. Ginza is known for being the upscale shopping area along with amazing restaurants, coffee bars, etc. I felt that it was pretty central for all of the places we were going to.

Arrival: There is a circular driveway with plenty of staff to welcome you to the property. FYI – there’s also a back door to the hotel you can enter, but there’s no staff on that side.

Bellman: Inside there’s always one person at the revolving door to help you with the door and asks you if you need a taxi. Then outside, there are always 2-4 people outside the hotel to help you. They serve as greeters, bellman, help you into a taxi, and everything else.

Parking: Not sure about the parking situation since we didn’t have a car.

Reception/Front Desk: The front desk staff is very welcoming and armed with people. There always seemed to be 5-10 people in the reception/front desk area to not only check you in, but to say hello when you arrive back to the hotel (the elevators are right next to reception), to say good bye as you’re leaving the hotel. It’s a bit overwhelming.

Lobby: The lobby is large with a walkway in the center, one of their restaurants is on both sides and a two small seating areas.

Room: We had room 1211 which is a deluxe room. The room was very large with a sitting area with a couch, coffee table, desk, and a table for two to enjoy your coffee or a snack.

View: We had floor to ceiling windows and views of office buildings.

Bed: We had a king size bed which was very comfortable.

Bathroom: The bathroom was amazing. Two separate sink areas on opposite sides, separate shower, beautiful bath tub, and of course the Toto toilet that opens from a sensor.

Hair dryer: The dryer was ok. It wasn’t very strong.

Products: They had Oscar de la Renta products.

Coffee Maker: They had an espresso machine in the room which was part of the furniture – very sleek. The pods, creamer, etc were in a drawer next to the coffee machine.

Closet: There were two closet areas – one exposed, one with a door.

Safe: The safe was a large hotel safe.

Control Panel: It controlled the lighting, temperature, and audio. There was also a remote for the TV.

Minibar: There was a standard minibar in the room.

Mirrors: There was a large full size mirror along with the multiple mirrors in the bathroom.

Housekeeping: Great.

Wifi: The wifi was free and the speed was good.

Dining: We didn’t dine at the hotel because we made reservations off property. We did have drinks at the bar of the hotel and did pick up pastries downstairs in their café.

Spa/Gym/Pool: The gym was small, but had everything you needed. The pool was AMAZING. I highly recommend going for a swim if you have time. They have everything you need and its beautiful. We didn’t go to the spa.

Concierge: This is one of the areas where I expected more. They were ok, but very late in responding prior to arrival when we asked for help with reservations. It would take sometimes a week before they responded back.

Style: The hotel is very Peninsula traditional.

Service: Overall Amazing.

Other: They had these little different things in the room that I’ve never seen at another hotel such as the nail dryer for women and also the porter box by the door where they place items in it for you instead of hanging things on your door or slipping things under your door.

Would I go back? DEFINITELY! It’s now on my favourite hotels list. Everything about the property is luxury, and you can’t go wrong with The Peninsula.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2015 via mobile

Five star quality rooms, service, location, staff. Excellent food. Perfect stay. Stayed at hotel in July. Staff was attentive and unobtrusive. Housekeeping of the highest Standard. Located near Ginza and on major transportation route. Don't stay anywhere else if you have the option.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2015

I stayed two nights with my daughter. The hotel was very easy to get to from the airport and although we arrived before the check in time they took our bags so we could go for lunch. They called as soon as the room was available. Given some of the stories about the size of rooms in Tokyo I was pleasantly surprised by the accommodation. It was large and had a separate dressing area with a large bathroom. The beds were the most comfortable I have ever stayed in and there were nice touches such as the lights on the control panels (air conditioning, lights etc) went off but were motion sensitive so they came on as soon as you reached for them. The concierge staff were fantastic with help on how to get around and maps for the different areas of Tokyo.

Date of stay: July 2015