The Peninsula Tokyo
$401
$652
$553
  • Room Service
Hotel New Otani Tokyo The Main(Chiyoda)
$262
$359
$214
$167
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $195/night.

Hotel Niwa Tokyo(Chiyoda)
$134
$107
1,817 results
All reviewsdressing roomnail dryerlobby restaurantwalk in closetvalet boxpeter bardeluxe suiterolls roycepark view roomimperial palaceinternet radiomood lightingespresso machinetop floorchinese restaurantliving areadressing area
Reviewed July 28, 2013

stayed in an excellent deluxe room with fantastic views, location is ideal for tourists. Skybar was good. we did not test the signature restaurant Peter but atmosphere seemed quite "techy". A little disappointed in the small gym, pool overall still okay. Spa did not have availability (but it was a Sunday). breakfast quality also fine but ridiculously few seats resulting in a wait irrespective of time of day. for this room price, you are surprised to be asked to wait for 10-15mins. during weekdays, breakfast is only served in the lobby which is poor. breakfast also got charged to our room despite our room rate including breakfast. concierge service was mixed (two different staff one excellent one not). overall enjoyable and good option but none off the feel cool factor like the Mandarin Oriental Tokyo or similar.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I were choosing among the Peninsula, Park Hyatt and Ritz-Carlton at Roppongi, and my Japanese colleagues said we should go with the Peninsula based off its location. I'm so glad we did; it's SO convenient to everything, from the subway station nextdoor, to Ginza shopping a short walk down the street, to the Imperial Palace Gardens just across the way. The rooms are ENORMOUS - especially in a city like Tokyo, where I've stayed in rooms (at decent hotels) comparable to closets - and come with every luxury amenity available. Service was incredibly helpful, from arranging our airport shuttle bus to letting me check out at 9pm and even shower at the spa before departing on my redeye flight. My only complaint is that the Peninsula seems to have spoiled me for all subsequent hotel stays.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The Peninsula Tokyo is top notch.

Service, location, cleanliness of the rooms. All are terrific.

We had adjoining suites and the rooms were spacious comfortable and clean.

The pool was beautiful, the staff was helpful and helped us secure a tour guide, and the view from our room was great.

Cant say enough about the location as well. Close to shopping, overlooking historical sites and parks. Just superb.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jim C
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Exceptional and superb rooms make this a memorable hotel. The rooms are huge, my standard room consisted of an entrance lobby, a walk in dressing room, a bathroom with shower, bath and two sinks, and a massive bedroom split into seating area and bed and equipped with a king size bed (made to look like a single bed by the scale of the room), and three seat sofa in front of the 50in TV and hifi system. Just about every cupboard has a surprise, from a printer and scanner, to a top notch coffee machine. I was lucky enough to have a room on a high floor with a dawn view of the Imperial Palace. Very nice. Being Japan technology has pride of place, and this includes the electric toilet, which frightened the life out of me in the middle of the night by automatically raising the toilet seat as I walked towards it. I thought place was haunted. The lobby was a disappointment; arriving on foot though the hotel rear entrance I couldn't find the reception. The lobby also doubles as a coffee shop, and the source of the second disappointment, the evening meal. My crab sandwich was bland and unexceptional, and accompanied by a plateful of over cooked, nearly cold and greasy chips. A good thing I don't eat chips. Sleep in and eat out.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Peninsula in Tokyo for 6 nights in May 2013.

Service- The service is perfect and everything you would expect from a 5 star hotel. One of the best concierges I have ever encountered anywhere is Misako who totally understood us and gave us absolutely perfect suggestions on what to do and where to eat.

Public Areas- We were not at all impressed with the lobby, which like so many of the other reviewers, we found oddly shaped and awkward. There is no grand entrance and you do not feel like you are walking into a beautiful hotel like what the Peninsula should be. The pool area is also in need of an update although the service there was perfect and it has beautiful views.

Room- The size of the deluxe room is huge and has ample space in the living area, bathroom and dressing room- it looks exactly like the website. The automatic gadgets are convenient and touches like the mailbox for newspapers, dry cleaning, notes are well thought out. However, the furnishings of the room, meaning the actual chairs and tables, were kind of basic.

Food- We had drinks at the Peter bar one night and the expense was worth the fun atmosphere and amazing views. We had breakfast in the lobby restaurant because it was included in our room rate, but I would not otherwise spend the money to eat there since I would rate the food only slightly better than decent. We ordered an extra latte one morning and we were charged $14 plus the service charges, which is a bit insane. If you care about restaurant atmosphere, do not have lunch or dinner at the lobby restaurant because if you are going to pay that much, there are plenty of other amazing restaurants to go to- i.e. we went to Argent Aso and Yamato Tapanyaki which were both close and superb.

Location- was perfect. I do not think that there is any one hotel that will be close to everything you will end up doing in Tokyo, but the Peninsula is well situated for walking to places like Ginza shopping and restaurants and the metro and trains are very easily accessible.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple