“Great bell hops” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 69 Hotels / Ryokan in Chiyoda
Hong Kong, China
“Great bell hops”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have run out of nice things to say about this wonderful hotel. But it struck me walking through the front door last week that maybe the best thing about it is the bell hops, who are amazingly cute and helpful in equal parts.

If we could just get off the Japanese thermos coffee with cold milk at breakfast . . .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Targetsea

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

There is a reason I have been really looking forward to going back to Tokyo for my 2nd visit, and that reason is the Peninsula Hotel. All I can say is that this hotel gets it all right, no exceptions.

The suite is fantastic, large and very clean. The bedroom has a humidity control, so nice to have, and the only time I have ever seen that feature in a hotel. The bathroom is like a work of art, the marble is custom cut to fit the shower and sink together, the finish work is the best I have ever seen.

Food is also excellent, both in room and at the restaurants. We dined at Peter, the French restaurant on the 24th floor. I did not see too many reviews of this restaurant, so I was a bit worried, but overall, it was excellent and the view is just amazing. The bar is fun, but they do allow smoking. Room service is the way it should be, all the plates are presented on our in-room table, all lined up exactly to face the same way. Quality was very good, if not expensive, which is no surprise.

Anyway, I can't wait to go back again. This hotel not only proves that a stay can be just about perfect, but gives me some hope that I am not alone in my expectations of what a 5-Star experience should really be.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bring_earplugs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights in a twin room and it was a great getaway from the humid streets of Tokyo. Excellent service, you could tell the staff were proud to work there. We received a complimentary upgrade at check-in and the staff were extremely helpful to book restaurants and plan our onward service. The rooms were cozy, well spaced with walking closet and big bathroom. Great spa with swimming pool, gym and a variety of saunas.

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed at The Peninsula Tokyo When we lived in Tokyo.

The hotel room is very specious compare to most of the hotel in Tokyo. ( hotels in Tokyo can be very tiny even though it is expensive. )

Beautiful, luxury hotel in Tokyo. loved it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed a couple of nights each at the Four Seasons and the Peninsula in Tokyo, and liked the latter more (the superb service at Four Seasons notwithstanding), due to the fab rooms.

The rooms were really large, with a separate walk in closet/ dressing room (where all of our bags could be kept and clothes hung out of sight)... a seating area with a sofa and also a 2 person dining table. Loved the attention to details like the coffee machine and multi-country plug points all around (even an appropriate one in the bathroom that I could plug my hair iron into - it's amazing how many hotels don't have this!). The bathroom was large and spacious with two basins (yay!)... the bed was reallllllyy soft and comfy.

The location is great - at the corner of the Imperial Gardens and Ginza... with several subway stations close by.

The lobby was a bit too "happening" for my liking... pretty crowded since the cafe was in the lobby area and it certainly seemed like a popular hang out at all hours of the day.

That aside, our stay was fabulous and would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kanwalkwilltravel
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

In the midst of city life this is an oasis. We stayed at four different hotels in our travel round Japan and it is this hotel that I will remember most fondly.
Our room was modern with switches for everything but it still had a comfy relaxing feel. Also a lot bigger than we thought it would be. The dressing room was ideal because it meant we kept the cases out of view allowing the lounge/bedroom to be tidy.
Went to the bar the first night. We ordered a selection of bar food thinking that they would be small tasters. What a mistake. They were full size, hillarious !
The wine in the bar is eye wateringly expensive. I'd expect to pay a premium but £18 a glass was more than I expected. But what the hell, have a glass and enjoy the magnificent view.
My only criticism would be that you have breakfast in what feels like the lobby. The food was nice though and the service as you would expect.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank BexsH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Everything one would expect from a Peninsula - excellent location, great rooms, and wonderful service (though as I was leaving, I was a bit surprised when I got my bag from the bell-desk, the person on duty did not offer to carry my bag outside). We had lunch at Peter and found the decor a bit odd - didn't have the class of a Peninsula - perhaps better at night given the dark, trying-to-be-trendy style. Overall, it is a fantastic hotel, though if you want a view of the Imperial Gardens, the nearby re-built Palace Hotel offers substantially better views (really none to speak of at the Pen).

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank John G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chiyoda
Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo
Conrad Tokyo
Conrad Tokyo
#1 of 106 in Minato
4.5 of 5 stars 2,413 reviews

Been to The Peninsula Tokyo? Share your experiences!