Overall a 5 Star Hotel, however, the restaurant / lounge ("Peter") could use some work. Located right in the middle of Tokyo - views of Palace from high floors.
Checked-in late an got upgraded to a suite on the 22nd floor. Main room was maybe 25' x 12' with huge King size bed, built in desk, couch and chairs facing TV, Floor to ceiling drapes with MASSIVE ELECTRONIC controls - EVERYWHERE. 50" TV, Bamboo woven ceiling, Fax, Modem, Printer, 100 + 200 V outlets, Full Mini Bar, Internet Radio.
Room was hot and humid at check-in. Couldn't figure AC controls (no specific temp numbers) so called desk and had them send up help to fix it - took to long for service to arrive - so told them to set to 21 degrees C and went to bar ("Peter"). Returned to perfect room temp and you can adjusted humidity level as well.
Bathroom. Huge tub, 2 sinks on separate walls, shower, Toto (Star Trek) toilet system, 2 american style robes etc. They should move the sinks to the same wall to make the 15 x 15 room even bigger.
Closet - Walk in 10 x 12 room - build in table with mirror, 2 japanese robes, Safe, Hair Dryer, Nail Dryer etc. Separate locked Valet Closet for laundry, shoe shine or package delivery.
Bar/Restaurant: This was the only disappointment. We went up for drinks at midnight. we ordered to Grapefruit and Vodka - has zero vodka in either drink. Appetizers were OK - nothing special and expensive. View was mediocre and furniture looked cool - but was not comfortable.
Check In/Check Out: Very efficient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Peninsula Tokyo offers 314 spacious guestrooms, including 47 suites, five restaurants, a modern lounge bar, two ballrooms, six elegantly designed function rooms, a wedding chapel, a Japanese ceremony room, a fitness centre, The Peninsula Spa, a fleet of Rolls-Royces, Mini-Coopers, and BMWs, and two jewellery shops. Guestrooms are among the largest and most technologically advanced in Tokyo and offer stunning views of the city, the Imperial Palace Gardens and Hibiya Park. Interior designer Yukio Hashimoto, an alumnus of renowned Japanese interior design firm Super Potato, intertwines rich earth tone colours, woods, lacquer, marble and stone with design and functionality to create a luxurious living environment described as "international in design, but Japanese by inspiration." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Rakuten, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Peninsula Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Tokyo Hotel Chiyoda
- Peninsula Hotel Tokyo
- Peninsula Hotel Chiyoda
- Peninsula Tokyo
- Chiyoda Peninsula
- The Peninsula Tokyo Japan