This is a hotel for which when reviewing it, the 'value' for money box can't really get checked. It's priced as it is - one of the best 5 star hotels in Tokyo. So this is not a 'value' option as such.
If you can afford this, quite frankly you are in for one of the best hotel experiences anywhere in Asia.
The rooms are plush, elegant, functional and extremely comfortable.The views of the Imperial Palace are stunning, especially at daybreak or sunset. The staff have two fabulous characteristics - one, they work for the Peninsula so are trained to extremely high standards. Two, they are predominantly Japanese, so you are getting some of the highest quality 'aim to please' staff on the planet.
The location is great, next to the shopping and offices of Maranouchi and Ginza and both Hibiya Park and the Imperial Park.
Quite frankly, every aspiring hotel chain should send its staff to this hotel - it would teach everyone a thing about excellent, discrete and incredibly polite service in a tremendous property.
A colleague of mine swears by the Mandarin Oriental in Tokyo (about 1km away). I have not stayed there because although the MO may rival the Peninsula, I just doubt anything could actually beat the outstanding experience I consistently get at this truly luxury hotel.
This was my 10th visit here. To me the mark of a great hotel is that every time, the service levels are so consistently good. They have yet to disappoint me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Peninsula Tokyo offers 314 spacious guestrooms, including 47 suites, five restaurants, a modern lounge bar, two ballrooms, six elegantly designed function rooms, a wedding chapel, a Japanese ceremony room, a fitness centre, The Peninsula Spa, a fleet of Rolls-Royces, Mini-Coopers, and BMWs, and two jewellery shops. Guestrooms are among the largest and most technologically advanced in Tokyo and offer stunning views of the city, the Imperial Palace Gardens and Hibiya Park. Interior designer Yukio Hashimoto, an alumnus of renowned Japanese interior design firm Super Potato, intertwines rich earth tone colours, woods, lacquer, marble and stone with design and functionality to create a luxurious living environment described as "international in design, but Japanese by inspiration." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Ctrip TA, Rakuten, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Peninsula Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Tokyo Hotel Chiyoda
- Peninsula Hotel Tokyo
- Peninsula Hotel Chiyoda
- Peninsula Tokyo
- Chiyoda Peninsula
- The Peninsula Tokyo Japan