Arriving at the Peninsular you are greeted by smiling staff in white uniforms who will push open the revolving door for you to glide through. And this is pretty much the high level of service that is provided during your stay.
The rooms are exceptional: large and luxurious with fantastic views over the city - make sure to get a high floor - I was on 19 and this is fine. The bathroom and of course 'Japanese loo' are great. Make sure to have a drink in the Peter bar and/or if you can afford it a meal in the Peter Restaurant - food, service, atmospher and view all superb.
Breakfast is a bit of a let down if you enjoy a relaxed buffet as the breakfast menu is set - and I do mean set - we asked for margarine instead of butter but it was not available and a little 'open' as it is located between the main entrance and the reception.
Hotel location is perfect as you can pop out for a much more reasonable beer in the local bars in Ginza and even a walk to the Fish Market is possible.
Overall a really top quality hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Peninsula Tokyo offers 314 spacious guestrooms, including 47 suites, five restaurants, a modern lounge bar, two ballrooms, six elegantly designed function rooms, a wedding chapel, a Japanese ceremony room, a fitness centre, The Peninsula Spa, a fleet of Rolls-Royces, Mini-Coopers, and BMWs, and two jewellery shops. Guestrooms are among the largest and most technologically advanced in Tokyo and offer stunning views of the city, the Imperial Palace Gardens and Hibiya Park. Interior designer Yukio Hashimoto, an alumnus of renowned Japanese interior design firm Super Potato, intertwines rich earth tone colours, woods, lacquer, marble and stone with design and functionality to create a luxurious living environment described as "international in design, but Japanese by inspiration." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your The Peninsula Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Tokyo Hotel Chiyoda
- Peninsula Hotel Tokyo
- Peninsula Hotel Chiyoda
- Peninsula Tokyo
- Chiyoda Peninsula
- The Peninsula Tokyo Japan