“Excellent”

Buddha Bellies Cooking School Tokyo
Ranked #1 of 14 Food & Drink in Chiyoda
More attraction details
Owner description: Japanese Cooking School inTokyo-learn how to make sushi, Bento Box, Okonomiyaki(Japanese pan cake) with us!Instructed by English speaking instructor.Our classes provide you intimate, cozy and friendly atmosphere, guided by a Japanese instructor who speaks English fluently. Also the kitchen is in the heart of Tokyo-easy asccess.Surely the experience of making sushi, bento, noodle etc...will give a certain spice to your cooking at home! This would be the best souvenier for you to bring Japan home. We ensure memorable moment while you stay in Tokyo.
Reviewed December 19, 2013

It was an excellent experience of learning how to make sushi in Japan! You are cooking in cosy friendly-style atmosphere, like on a kitchen of one of your friends! The master is very helpful, and explains everything in detail. During this sushi class we have made not only nigiris, but also decorated sophisticated rolls! It was awesome)) After sushi, we were also shown how to make macha! And everything is discussed, and done in so friendly manner! So cosy! So Easy)) It was an awesome japanese experience! I have also recommended it to all of my friends, who are visiting Japan. 3 of them have already visited this course, and were more than satisfied with course!

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

This was an overall great experience. I took my mom to Ayuko's bento box class as part of her Christmas present. She loved it!!! Very intimate cooking class in a private library. There are no real kitchen facilities, just hot burners, but that did not take away for the positive experience. Ayuko is super nice and speaks great English. The class includes recipes, sake or beer, desert, and tea! As an expat living in Japan I will definitely bring future guests to Ayuko's class!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I went to couple of Buddha Bellies Cooking classes - since the first ever class. Ayuko gives clear and step-by-step instructions in English on how to make Japanese food at home. Her warm and patient character makes the class personal and fun. The venue is cozy where you can relax with a friend or two. I highly recommend anyone to experience Japan through your bellies and return to your home country with extra knowledge on home cooking. My favourite classes were Teriyaki chicken and udon class. !

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Ayuko-San was amazing. Highly recommended stop for any tourist. I learned a lot and loved the experience. It's small, quaint, and personal. Don't think twice about it!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

My husband, our cousin and I did the Buddha Bellies Cooking School including fish cutting last weekend and it was one of the most fun things we did in Tokyo. The instructor is amazing with great english. It is a great mix of instruction and fun and she is patient. Fish cutting is great as she teaches you the proper way how to fillet a fish in Tokyo that we later ate as Sashimi. Also, making your own sushi and then enjoying it is very rewarding. I would highly recommend it for families, singles, couples or as a business event for a small group.