“loved the veggie sushi class!”

Buddha Bellies Cooking School Tokyo
Ranked #1 of 14 Food & Drink in Chiyoda
More attraction details
Owner description: Japanese Cooking School inTokyo-learn how to make sushi, Bento Box, Okonomiyaki(Japanese pan cake) with us!Instructed by English speaking instructor.Our classes provide you intimate, cozy and friendly atmosphere, guided by a Japanese instructor who speaks English fluently. Also the kitchen is in the heart of Tokyo-easy asccess.Surely the experience of making sushi, bento, noodle etc...will give a certain spice to your cooking at home! This would be the best souvenier for you to bring Japan home. We ensure memorable moment while you stay in Tokyo.
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband and I just loved the veggie sushi class. Ayuko is such a kind and wonderful instructor. The group size was nice and small, and we just loved learning more about Japanese food. Definitely one of our favorite days spent in Tokyo.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

This sushi making class was recommended to us by our local Japanese friend. We are so glad she did, as it was definitely one of the highlights of our trip.

This class would suit anyone interested in learning to make sushi, whether you are a complete novice or have plenty of cooking experience, regardless of age. Before the class even began, Ms. Akiyama was kind enough to meet us at the nearby station to make sure we didn't get lost.

The class was itself was conducted in a very relaxed environment and was fantastic value for money. Not only did we get to eat our creations (made with an assortment of fresh seafood and served with beer or sake as lunch at the end of the class), but there were also little bonuses (such as tea and sweets) that made it even better value. Our host was really friendly and knowledgable, and so in between being shown sushi making techniques there was also plenty of interesting discussion regarding the art of making sushi, as well as various restaurants around Tokyo.

As well as the sushi class there are also other classes available, and so if we are ever back in Tokyo we'd definitely seek this experience out again.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We had a great time with Ayuko, a very warm, patient and friendly host who taught us the basics of sushi making and helped us turn out a very impressive sushi plate.
In a small, warmly-lit room (bookshop by day), our group - including my 10 and 12 year old boys - turned our hands to 2 types of sushi and the 2 hours just flew by.
We enjoyed our own creations and each other's company with a glass of beer, sake or green tea.
On a practical level, Buddha Bellies is a super-easy commute along several subway lines and the school is right next door to Jimbocho Station.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I took this class on my last visit to Tokyo, which was a very fast paced trip. It was lovely being in Ayuko's quiet space and focusing on sushi. I am a fairly advanced home cook but I definitely learned a few tricks that I didn't know and would have been difficult to pick up from a book. I won't say what they are because you should take the class if you are interested!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Fabulous day with a fabulous host. This is what Japan is all about to me its food. This course was a great way to learn the basics of Japanese cooking and it was a very well organized day. The best thing is you get to sit down after and eat what the class has prepared. Its also a great way to meet other people.