“Happy cooking experience with fun ideas and relaxing atmosphere!”

Buddha Bellies Cooking School Tokyo
Ranked #1 of 11 Food & Drink in Chiyoda
More attraction details
Owner description: Japanese Cooking School inTokyo-learn how to make sushi, Bento Box, Okonomiyaki(Japanese pan cake) with us!Instructed by English speaking instructor.Our classes provide you intimate, cozy and friendly atmosphere, guided by a Japanese instructor who speaks English fluently. Also the kitchen is in the heart of Tokyo-easy asccess.Surely the experience of making sushi, bento, noodle etc...will give a certain spice to your cooking at home! This would be the best souvenier for you to bring Japan home. We ensure memorable moment while you stay in Tokyo.
Tokyo, Japan
“Happy cooking experience with fun ideas and relaxing atmosphere!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I took a one-day class for summer a la carte appetizer. 5 members including me were participated. All dishes were delicious, and after the class I could make them in my kitchen.
The teacher Ayuko is very kind and warmhearted, and has wonderful sense of beauty. I could learn not only how to cook but also how to make dishes beautiful. You'll have an wonderful experience and find a profound essence of Japanese cuisine in Buddha Bellies!

Visited August 2012

Trondheim, Norway
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Learn about sushi!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We are so glad we attended this sushi class! We learned not only to make our own sushi, but we learned a lot about sushi, how to eat it, how to recognize quality, how the japanese eat it, and so on. It can be smart to know a little more about what´s custom in Japan, before you go to a upscaled sushi restaurant. The teacher will tell you a little about it. She was a great teacher, and she spoke fluent english. It was a a very nice atmosphere in the class, and it was very international. we met people from many different countries and had a great time. It was a very social thing to do and you met other people with an interest in food. The only thing that was a little disappointing was that the wasabi was not fresh. Once you have tasted it fresh, you´re hooked. But don´t let this stop you, it´s really a great thing to do when you´re in Tokyo!

1 Thank gjest
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Cooking School - a must do in Tokyo”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was planning to open a Japanese restaurant in my country thus wanting to take an intensive cooking course to learn about Japanese cuisine. I was very lucky to have found the amazing teacher, Ayuko who is also the owner of Buddha Bellies Cooking School.
It is not easy at all to find a teacher who can speak good English in Japan but Ayuka speaks English perfectly. She makes all the cooking classes very interesting; especially, she makes all the recipes so easy to learn, prepare and cook.
I was amazed about her garnishing skills, her magic hands can turn all into art. I was lucky enough to take private classes where I have learned everything from scratch and learned a lot from her.
Besides, Ayuko is extremely helpful; she spent her own time to show me around different supermarkets and introduce to me a variety of Japanese ingredients, vegetables, fruits, meat, fish etc. She was also kind and knowledgeable enough to recommend me many interesting restaurants where I was taken to the real world of Japanese gastronomy.
I was absolutely touched that she even helped me organize my accommodation in Japan and even picked me up and sent me to the private cooking class on my first day. This is very helpful as you can easily get lost in Tokyo where Japanese language seems to be the only communication.
I completed about 30 dishes and I am very happy that these can be on the menu for my up-coming restaurant.
Honestly, I can’t express how wonderful it was to learn with Ayuko - it was all fabulous and she is definitely such the loveliest and most awesome person I have ever met.
She has made my my trip a complete.

My huge thank to Ayuko and I do hope to come back for more cooking classes.
Last but not least, Buddha Bellies Cooking School is a must do in Tokyo.

Anthony H

Visited May 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank Anthony H
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent classes - must do when in Tokyo”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Excellent classes! I was living in Tokyo for a year and found it difficult to find a class in English that was interesting and where I was able to learn skills I could use when I moved back home. I did three classes with Ayuko - bento, sushi and nabe. I highly recommend all of these classes. Particularly the Nabe class - a great winter dish and easy to make once you learn how to! Ayuko is also extremely friendly, her English is excellent and she has some interesting history on each dish. The class sizes are also small (max of 4 people) which makes it more personal.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Bel_Perth
San Antonio, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great fun- a must do!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Very fun and informative class. Ayuko teaches you about different kinds of sushi and then shows you how to make it. Afterwards you enjoy a beer or sake (or juice) while you enjoy the sushi you made yourself. A small personal class in a very comfortable environment. A must do while in Tokyo for a fun activity. Also a fun way to meet other international travelers.

2 Thank Sarah W