“100% tasty and 100% vegan Ramen”

T's TanTan Tokyostation
Ranked #6 of 7,659 Restaurants in Chiyoda
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Description: Vegan Ramen
Reviewed January 6, 2014

At long last, vegetarians are able to enjoy a completely meat and fish free ramen experience in Tokyo. I have been there 4 times, each with a non-vegetarian friend, and they all really enjoyed it. Only one, my husband, and the only male to accompany me there said that although it was incredibly yummy, it isn't quite the same as a meat version. The dishes are all very tasty, full of flavour and warming on a cool day or evening. I don't think it's worth getting the set. I have tried better vegan fried chicken before, so if you do decide on a set,I would recommend the curry. If you're there of an evening, I also recommend a glass of red wine, which is organic, and I have since begun to buy by the case online. There can be a line up and, so try and avoid peak eating times such as 12-1:30 on weekdays in particular, and I think it's difficult to seat a large group, so more suitable for individuals or small groups.

2  Thank Skyb0w

Reviewed December 22, 2013

If you're a vegetarian, this place is a must for a visit to Tokyo. First of all because it is a very good vegetarian restaurant and they are tricky to find (but certainly not as rare as it seems at first). But mostly because one can taste authentic Japanese food here without any meat or animal products. "Ramen" is usually meat or fish based, but at T's TanTan everything on the menu is meat and dairy free. The ramen is actually so good that many none vegetarian Japanese eat here just because of the great taste. There are many dishes with rice and fake meat which were also delicious.

This place is actually so successful that there's often a waiting line outside. I didn't understand at first, walked in and was kindly ushered to the end of the line. Sorry, my mistake! Once inside I was given an English menu without asking. When the waiter saw I was somewhat clumsy with the chopsticks he gave me a fork.

Considering the quality of the food prices are very reasonable, I'd even go so far as to say this place is cheap. I got a big bowl of ramen, a rice and fake meat bowl and a drink for 1,350 yen.

Some hints and tips on how to get there:

- it is inside the paid part of Tokyo station. If you arrive by train or subway do not checkout. Otherwise just buy a train ticket; they're very cheap and considering the price and quality of the food it is a minor obstacle.

- the restaurant is in "Keiyo Street", which is clearly marked inside the station (follow Keiyo line, shinkansen or Yasesu exit)

1  Thank i0kan
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Best place for Vegetarians inside Tokyo subway station. I enjoyed delicious food with my Friends on 22nd November,2013. This place would be on my must see list next time I visit Japan

1  Thank Krishnakishor
Reviewed November 26, 2013

The most stressful thing about being in Tokyo for us was the fact that we don't eat meat. We resigned ourselves to coming across dashi etc so it's not like we were precious. I have to say it was a huge relief walking into T's TanTan and being able to order anything off the menu and not having to ask if there's meat in the dish. They have english menus so that's a plus, they also do a reasonably priced lunch set where you get to choose a ramen bowl, plus either a small bowl of curry rice, or mock chicken karaage. Twas good, but if you're a veggo looking for amazingly good ramen in Tokyo - try Chabuton in Akihabara or Shimokitazawa.

1  Thank Rachie D
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I don't usually care for Japanese food, but I loved this veggie place. If I lived in Tokyo I'd eat here a few times a week.

The other reviews have said it all. Delicious food, served very quickly, serves beer, friendly staff, lovely inside, really convenient location (as a tourist you're bound to go through Tokyo station or take the Narita Express to/from the airport).

Bear in mind that it's pretty much fast food so you'll likely be in and out within half an hour (though you're pressured to do so). It's all fresh though. The place is so popular and its menu is fairly small so no doubt they make it all continously.

Loved it.

PS. We tried going to the Ain Soph veggie restaurants in Tokyo, but they were both closed when they were supposed to be open. Very disappointed. T's Tantan is open from 7am until 11pm. Don't waste your time searching for the Ain Soph places and risk them being closed!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday October 16, 2013