Palace Hotel Tokyo(Marunouchi)
$482
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $556/night.

Imperial Hotel Tokyo(Uchisaiwaicho)
$362
$343
$85
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $95/night.

$213
$419
$150
Official Website
Hotel Niwa Tokyo(Chiyoda)
$90
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

The Peninsula Tokyo(Yurakucho)
$561
$482
The Peninsula
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $566/night.

$489
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewslimousine busmetro stationhotel doorcherry blossomsdecent hotelcompared to other hotelstwin bedsquiet areabusiness areabuffet breakfastwestern foodgood sizetop floorjapanese restaurantminutes walk awaycomfortable hotelchecking in
Reviewed April 22, 2010

nothing fancy, but everything was good. considering tourist season (early april) price was decent: 217 weekday, 280 weekend

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2009

This is the third time I've stayed at the Hotel Grand Palace over the last 4 years and I have enjoyed staying there each time. The staff is very friendly and many are proficient in English. The breakfast buffet is a nice mix of Japanese and Western foods. The rooms are spacious and clean. The hotel is a bit older, but well maintained and very comfortable to stay at.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank TorranceRyan
Reviewed November 30, 2009

My buddy Stephen and I shared a room here for 4 nights while doing research in Tokyo. The staff was wonderful and proficient in English (though I speak enough Japanese to get by), the location is terrific; just north of the Imperial Palace.

The room had two beds that were typical of Japan (for foreigners, a little small and little hard, but ok), high-speed internet access included, cable TV including a couple of English channels, and was clean and well-kept.

As for getting around the Grand Palace is a block from the subway leads to JR rail lines (north to Iidabashi Station). 1 subway stop and 1 Chuo-Sobu rail stop (to Suidobashii Station) from Tokyo Dome City. Only a couple or three subway stops from Tokyo Station.

When arriving into Tokyo Station a cab will take you counter-clockwise around Edo-jo to get to the hotel. About a 10-minute trip. There is a Subway and McDonald's restaurants in 5-minute walk, as well as a 7-Eleven store.

For about $130 a night (what Stephen booked over the internet), we couldn't have asked for much better for our stay!

Stayed: November 2006, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 9, 2009

What to say? Location is OK - center of everything, yet close to nothing. Here we have another example of a hotel that has pretensions far beyond its means to deliver. If you check the website, you will see it offers services beyond compare - multiple restaurants, etc. A fax that awaited my arrival even came in a special "telefax" envelope! Yet, the rooms themselves are mediocre at best and frightenely outdated, - my beside control station is straight from star wars circa 1965, and once you get beyond the lobby it just seems old. Clean? Yes. Safe? Yes. Would I come back? No. Just one more tired, tired, property that has all the services but none of the panache.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2009

I have to say a very big thank you to the front desk & concierge staff at the Grand Palace.

I needed to see a doctor during my stay and I had a lot of difficulty finding a doctor who would see me.

The hotel concierge, Mr Fujiwara, got on the phone and had to make several difficult phone calls trying to find a doctor who would see me. When Mr Fujiwara finally found a hospital who would let me in, Mr Hagita from the Front Desk came to the hospital with me.

Mr. Hagita took about 3 hours out of his day to accompany me to the hospital and act as my translator. I am so glad that he did that, because there was no way I could have figured out the hospital process on my own. Mr. Hagita was incredibly kind and patient, I am so grateful to him.

The doctor ordered me to rest in the hotel for 2 days after my original departure date. When we got back to the hotel from the hospital, Mr. Saito the hotel manager met me in the lobby, offered to extend my stay as long as I needed, gave me a discounted rate for the extra nights that I needed to stay, and offered to have room service bring me food from the restaurants instead of having to come down to the restaurants.

I am so grateful to Mr. Saito, Mr Fujiwara, and especially Mr. Hagita for their hard work and excellent service. Thank you!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business