All reviewslimousine busmetro stationhotel doorcherry blossomsdecent hotelcompared to other hotelstwin bedsquiet areabusiness areabuffet breakfastwestern foodgood sizetop floorjapanese restaurantminutes walk awaycomfortable hotelchecking in
Reviewed November 9, 2009

What to say? Location is OK - center of everything, yet close to nothing. Here we have another example of a hotel that has pretensions far beyond its means to deliver. If you check the website, you will see it offers services beyond compare - multiple restaurants, etc. A fax that awaited my arrival even came in a special "telefax" envelope! Yet, the rooms themselves are mediocre at best and frightenely outdated, - my beside control station is straight from star wars circa 1965, and once you get beyond the lobby it just seems old. Clean? Yes. Safe? Yes. Would I come back? No. Just one more tired, tired, property that has all the services but none of the panache.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2009

I have to say a very big thank you to the front desk & concierge staff at the Grand Palace.

I needed to see a doctor during my stay and I had a lot of difficulty finding a doctor who would see me.

The hotel concierge, Mr Fujiwara, got on the phone and had to make several difficult phone calls trying to find a doctor who would see me. When Mr Fujiwara finally found a hospital who would let me in, Mr Hagita from the Front Desk came to the hospital with me.

Mr. Hagita took about 3 hours out of his day to accompany me to the hospital and act as my translator. I am so glad that he did that, because there was no way I could have figured out the hospital process on my own. Mr. Hagita was incredibly kind and patient, I am so grateful to him.

The doctor ordered me to rest in the hotel for 2 days after my original departure date. When we got back to the hotel from the hospital, Mr. Saito the hotel manager met me in the lobby, offered to extend my stay as long as I needed, gave me a discounted rate for the extra nights that I needed to stay, and offered to have room service bring me food from the restaurants instead of having to come down to the restaurants.

I am so grateful to Mr. Saito, Mr Fujiwara, and especially Mr. Hagita for their hard work and excellent service. Thank you!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
6  Thank marcgr
Reviewed August 11, 2009

Very clean, 2 minutes to the Kudanshita subway station or 6 minutes to the Iidabashi JR station. Lots of food shops close by, 1 minute to the Budokan, and about 10 minutes walk to the Imperial palace gates.

• Stayed: February 2009
1  Thank rainb0wtraveler
Reviewed August 11, 2009

This hotel has style, space and a very friendly welcome. Nothing is too much trouble./ There is an outstanding restaurant serving French cuisine. Rooms are spacious.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank DaoHaddington
Reviewed June 16, 2009

We got the two bed and 1 pullout sofa bed room. It was clean and enough room for our 4 and 5 year old. The staff was very friendly and paid nice attention to the kids. No scowling or frowning at their running about. A pool is always a bonus but we were expecting one and We stayed out until at least 7 every night. The kimono and slippers were a nice touch. Not a huge selection of "western style" restaurants nearby if you care about that. But there are places to eat like subway and Mcdonalds within reasonable walking distance. Carry cash! not even the 7-11 takes credit cards.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family