Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$88
Hotels.com$63
Priceline$76
eDreams$88
CheapTickets$63
Trip.com$90
All reviews imperial palace national theatre subway station non smoking few minutes walk hanzomon shibuya exit japan diet haneda jr
Selected filters
Reviewed December 2, 2018

The location of the hotel is perfect for those wanting to visit the Imperial Palace and the National Theatre. It is walking distance from the Budokan indoor arena where major concerts and major Sumo contests take place. The Hanzomon metro station is only 300 metres away with major shopping and entertainment centres of Tokyo only a few metro stops away. The hotel is not on any of the limousine bus routes from Narita or Haneda but it is not too hard to get there by public transport.

The Room I had on the 11th floor was a little on the small size but not a surprise for Tokyo. I had a great view from my floor. The room was very clean. The shower worked well and there was bath (albeit a small one) which is becoming increasingly unusual in standard hotel rooms around the world. The toilet as is often the case in Japan is a jet toilet and for those who have not been to Japan before are in for a surprise.

I stayed here over a weekend and there were a couple of weddings taking place but this was not a problem at all and did not disturb at all.

The staff were excellent. Nothing was too much trouble and answered all the questions I had. Very helpful staff. I only ate breakfast at the hotel which is presented in a very pleasant area. My rate included breakfast and looking at the price was reasonable. It is not a buffet style system and there was not a great deal of it but for me enough to satisfy.

There are a number of 24-hour shops in the area (as there are everywhere in Japan) and a few restaurants but this is more of a quieter area of Tokyo so if you are looking for wall restaurants and bars, take a quick metro or taxi ride.

Overall my experience was excellent. I Will certainly stay here again for the price I paid and I look forward to returning.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank WinchesterCathedral
Reviewed November 6, 2018

A decent hotel in a good location in the business and diplomatic area. The staff were very friendly and the rooms were clean.

We took one of the Japanese style rooms, which are made up as living areas during the day then converted to Japanese sleeping in the evening. This involved futons on the floor with pillows and quilts. We asked for and received extra pillows. Contrary to expectations it was actually quite comfortable.

The drawbacks with the room, in common with many hotels in Tokyo are the lack of space for effective manipulation of suitcases and the bizarre need to purchase a card to watch television. This would have been worth it if there had been anything decent to watch in English! The effective WiFi meant that this was not necessary as we could watch our own programmes on iPads etc.

The hotel coffee shop was a disappointment for dinner and the breakfast, to be frank, was awful. The American breakfast offering of runny scrambled eggs and anaemic bacon was disappointing and in my case was cold so I sent it back asking for a hot serving only to get the original back after a quick zap in the microwave! It might be better to skip breakfast there and find a local coffee shop which offers more palatable fare.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Grumpybrother
Reviewed October 12, 2018

Room a bit on the small size, but this is Tokyo. Fabulous view from 12th floor room. Very helpful staff. Amazing bathroom, the shower was great & the toilet has to be experienced to be believed!! Receptionist organised for our large bags to be transported from the hotel direct to the airport, & provided us a note in Japanese to show anyone at the airport so they could direct us to where our bags could be collected. Fantastic!

Room tip: Higher rooms with views to the south eg 1205
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Geoffrey H
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

We had an offsite meeting for a whole day at Topaz room. We also enjoyed lunch which was excellent. The foods were great as well as the services. We realized it because it was a subsidiary of Imperial hotel or Teikoku hotel, one of the best quality hotels in Japan.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

We only stayed here for one night, our room was just a basic standard room that we booked for the price more than anything else.
Everything was 100% clean with a comfortable bed again Japan style jammed up against the wall.
A nice bathroom with a relaxing enjoyable bathtub. But best of all was our view of the city from our 10th floor room, truly amazimg.
My wife described the AC as smelling if dust. One slight annoyance was that on check in a deposite was taken for the mini bar, but we found it to be empty when we arrived into our room.
Overall a very nice hotel

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Keithw532