“Excellent personal service”

Ranked #4 of 74 Hotels / Ryokan in Chiyoda
San Jose, California
“Excellent personal service”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

While other more resortish FS might trump thus one in the luxurious front, no other comes close to the personal service here. This is not too say that the rooms here are not luxurious, contrary, the rooms are well appointed and very comfortable...and huge by tokyo and any standards. However the level of service at this four seasons is above all; starting from the meet and greet from the platform of the narita express line, to the attentive but not over bearing attention at the bar and spa.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I am a frequent business travel and have a hotel management degree (although no longer in the business). I can honestly say that my five day stay at the Four Seasons at Marunouchi was the best experience I have every had at any hotel. I stayed in an incredibly clean, well appointed room overlooking the railway. I found the room to be adequately quiet, despite the proximity to the tracks. I spent many hours in the room either working or fighting my jet lag. The technology worked perfectly at all times, and I felt extremely comfortable. The bathroom was nothing short of stunning - Full marble, separate shower from the giant bath with completely hidden drains (astounding), and at all times spotless.

What makes this small hotel stand out is the quiet, dignified service provided. It was overwhelming and at the same time, completely invisible. My favorite time each day was returning to my room at the end of the day. No matter how neat I kept the room, I always found my things better organized than when I left. I was shocked to find my dirty laundry folded each day! I have never, ever seen that anywhere else. When going to the gym, I would arrive at the spa entrance to find no one attending to the shop. Initially this took me off guard, but after a minute, a hotel employee arrived and greeted me. This happened every time I went, and I began to realize that it lent a completely different feel to the hotel - I was being taken care of, but no one was hawking over me. It made the whole hotel feel like it was my own and gave me a sense that the hotel trusted me with their property. At the same time, I always felt that I could have exactly what I wanted when I wanted in an instant. I asked for directions once, and the concierge offered to walk me to my destination. I declined, but I am absolutely positive she was sincerely prepared to walk a number of blocks with me to find what I was looking for. By the way, everyone spoke perfect English - expected, but contributed to an effortless stay.

The last thing I will say about this hotel is that I felt like I was home (or at least what I want home to be). It was a combination of American, European, and Japanese all at once. In Japan, which remains perfectly foreign, it is an oasis of familiarity and comfort. I will never stay in any other hotel in Tokyo, no matter what the cost.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Great location for business travellers and hotel is child friendly. As soon as we arrived, they have prepared cookies and candies for kids. The staff also have print outs of local attractions ready. They have arranged restaurant booking and very helpful with our needs. I can't complaints about the locations. Only minutes walk from Tokyo station (there is underground entrance right next to the hotel). We love Japanese cuisine, and there are lots of restaurants within 15 minutes walk radius. There are many office buildings on the other side of Tokyo station, and on ground floor or basement floors are many restaurants. We wished we could spend more time there because every meals we has been a treat. Highly recommend this place to travellers who will be spending lots of time in downtown Tokyo, for business or leisure. Well done. Four Season Tokyo!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Stayed for two nights with my wife and six year old son. The overall impression is very good, and comparable with other Four Seasons properties around the world. The location is excellent, being a 5-10 minute walk from Tokyo station for trains from Narita and other parts of Japan. Its also a gentle stroll to the fantastic Imperial Palace & Gardens and from the main Department Stores in Ginza.

Staff could not be more welcoming, anticipating all our needs and are very friendly.

The rooms themselves are reasonably sized for the price, with hi-tech 3D TVs well kitted out bathrooms. Being on low floors the view is not great, and without the drapes down the traffic can be heard (we were on the 6th floor which I believe is the highest floor).

Breakfast was average, however the service was excellent.

For families the Spa is not great as the facilities are separated by sex, and although there is a small 'Onsen' there is no swimming pool.

The hotel bikes that are available are in adult sizes only.

Overall I think there are better hotels nearby for families, and similar ones that offer better value for business trips.

Ultimately it's the value for money that let's this small hotel down.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank amsmtg
Jakarta
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for a family holiday in Tokyo. The experiences that I had from making the booking up to check out are truly wonderful and impressive.
I made the booking by calling the hotel reservation directly. The staff was very helpful with excellent English.
The check in was impressive. They greet us in the Shinkansen platform as we were arriving from Osaka. They escorted us to the hotel which is only 10 minutes walk from the JR Tokyo Station.
The location is great, it is located in PCPM building, the central business district, right in the heart of Tokyo.
The breakfast is served ala carte, no buffet breakfast in this hotel.
We stayed in the 3rd floor, just right next to the train station. However we did not experience any noisy disturbance from the trains at all.
The staffs were great. All English speaking staffs. They were really helpful.
Overall this was a wonderful experience. I highly recommend this place for a family holiday in Tokyo.

Room Tip: The plarail stay package for kids is highly recommended if you have children who loves to play the t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2014

The service is always top notch - what you expect from Four Seasons. Hidden on the lower floors of an office tower, right beside Tokyo station and a short walk to Ginza. Always look forward to my stays here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Granite Bay, California
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Our family of four stayed from June 18-June 21. From the affable employee who greeted us at the train station (His name was Christopher, I believe) and escorted us to the hotel, to the lady who escorted us back to the train station (and insisting on wheeling our four heavy bags) for our train to Narita, the experience was flawless from start to finish. The room was incredibly spacious, with views over the business district and the train station, and had extremely comfortable beds and an amazing bathroom. A special mention must be made for the housekeeping who cleaned and arranged our room with an extraordinary level of detail. Breakfast at Ekki was incredible (try the french toast!) When we were checking out, we couldn't decide whether we were more sad about leaving the hotel or the city (which says a lot, because Tokyo is really an amazing place).

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jsp1234594
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chiyoda
Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo
#6 of 74 in Chiyoda
Imperial Hotel Tokyo
Imperial Hotel Tokyo
#5 of 74 in Chiyoda

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Marunouchi? Share your experiences!