“New favorite Hotel In Tokyo”

Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Marunouchi
Ranked #4 of 74 Hotels / Ryokan in Chiyoda
Los Angeles
“New favorite Hotel In Tokyo”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Four Seasons Marunouchi was a fantastic hotel. The rooms are large & very clean. Our room looked right onto Tokyo station & we could watch the Shinkansen train go by every nine minutes. Very cool to watch at night also. There is very little track noise in the room & at midnight the Shinkansen stops.
The room is fun & has an excellent bathroom with a giant bathtub.
Room service was food was excellent. The location is great for getting around Tokyo.
Easy 10 minute walk to Ginza.
I will return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room looking at the train tracks
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank squibjib

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Can't say enough about it! You must stay at his hotel to understand how truly brilliant it is. From the welcoming we got, to the staff at every turn knowing all our names. To the amazing concierge going out of their way to help us find places. Love love love this hotel!! Our kids were treated like VIPs - unlike many other luxury hotels we have stayed in where they are treated like unwelcome guests. Stay here - you will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank daystravels
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 24, 2012

we stayed at the four seasons with our two children (ages 7 and 9 ) for four nights. I have never had such outstanding service. Our children were made to feel completely at home - down to chidren;s umbrellas when it was raining. the concierge recommended great and appropriate restuarants for us all to eat out. The onsen bath and steam room in the spa were a highlight of our japan trip. Having a drink in the bar and watching the shinkansen arrive was also great fun.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kate G
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The Japanese have an amazing tradition of hospitality and a contemporary obsession with hotels and hotel experience, so it's no surprise that this small luxury hotel is such a pleasurable place to stay. The rooms are very large, larger than the apartments of my Japanese friends, and they are beautifully designed and maintained.

One of the best parts of the hotel is it's gym and spa. The gym is great and the spa includes an onsen bath in a slate cave--a great place to decompress after a long flight or day in Tokyo. The spa services are excellent. The last time I stayed here I had a 90 minute "tree of life" and was really impressed how far it transcended the typical hotel massage. The massage therapist was extremely well trained, combining a gym-massage understanding of anatomy with the relaxing art of a balinese massage.

Throughout the hotel service is excellent, attentive and helpful. Although I've been to Tokyo many times, I lazily accepted the offer to be escorted to the Tokyo station to catch the train to the airport. This service really exemplifies the hotel's above and beyond service. It was very nice for me, and I can imagine it could be amazing for someone visiting Tokyo for the first time to be picked up and looked after.

This is my third time staying at the hotel, and my only gripe is that the food isn't as good as it was when it opened. Then the restaurant ekki seemed on track to become one of Tokyo's special top restaurants. Instead of soaring, it has slumped and now served first-class hotel food. Nothing wrong, but nothing memorable. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here if I weren't staying here.

The night I stayed, I booked through American Express platinum and my rate was extremely reasonable. This hotel feel like it should cost at least $1400/night. That it feels like such excellent value made it that much more enjoyable.

The location is ideal, lots that you can walk to, trains to take you anywhere else.

Room Tip: They've always given me stunning rooms--with only 50 or 60 rooms, I don;t think there is a bad r...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Gandaratravels
Brussels
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed here in two segments, after our trip to Kansai we decided to come back. Our room had just the facilities we wanted, without the need to impress and without being intimidating in its opulence. Less is more (as long as there is enough)!

Location: Unbeatable
Staff: Unbeatable-er!

The only thing we liked less was the menu selection of the restaurant (too little to choose from, also not enough wines by the glass) and the availability of seating (we had to go elsewhere twice).

It does not come cheap, but the 4th night free offer made the deal a bit sweeter for us.

Too bad that you are nickel & dimed for the internet connection.

Next time in Tokyo, we will be back here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LuAnton
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Its in the middle of everything and the staff treats you well, what you expect from a FS! The food is on the money , pricey but that's Tokyo! I was there a few times and just started writing reviews on TA , so I wanted to mention how great this place is! If you need anything just ask the staff and they will do everything in their power to get it done! I wish I could have found a place like this when I visit Shanghia , but to totally different cultures . Rooms are larger then most hotels in Tokyo so if you are traveling to this area this is the place to stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Cheshire uk
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This hotel is the ideal first base for anyone arriving from Narita into Tokyo as it is close to the station and central to most of the major places of interest.
The rooms are spacious and comfortable, and the staff do their absolute utmost to settle you in, make you feel welcome, and assist with any aspect of your stay, from recommending and booking restaurants to assisting with travel requirements.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dietrichate
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chiyoda
Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo
#6 of 74 in Chiyoda
Imperial Hotel Tokyo
Imperial Hotel Tokyo
#5 of 74 in Chiyoda

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Marunouchi? Share your experiences!