Hotel New Otani Tokyo The Main
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hotel New Otani Tokyo Garden Tower(Chiyoda)
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Room Service
1,664 results
All reviewsjapanese gardengarden towerbeautiful gardenhuge hotelrevolving restaurantyotsuya stationakasaka areachoice of restaurantsmt fujibusiness tripking bedbreakfast buffetan upgradelots of restaurantsspacious roomfour nightswonderful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Spent a week here at the main building. The room was comfortable and spacious though the bathroom was tiny.
There are a lot of dining options here and a beautiful zen garden to unwind. It is close the stations and cabs are plentiful
It's good for a business hotel and sufficiently central for one to explore the city.
I had a good stay here and the service was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Verdict - good value but only if breakfast is included in the room rate. Ok if someone else is paying. You may feel a bit let down if you're on a personal trip.

Summary: This is a huge, sprawling hotel, almost Soviet-Style in size, though not in opulence. You could get lost trying to negotiate the various entrances and exits. The rooms are fairly dated but perfectly adequate. And you will get your first experience of the legendary Japanese toilets (!). But it is well situated with easy access to the Tokyo subway system. The service is impeccable and everything you've heard about. No major gripes so a safe bet.

Top tip - for a reasonable noodle meal, try the noodle restaurant in the hotel. The average price is about Y1000-2000. This is near the elevators in the Tower wing. Also, if you want to blow your budget I would highly recommend the buffet in the Sky View (revolving restaurant) where the food comes to you, in time! I paid for breakfast on one day, and it was pretty poor, so best avoided.There is a plethora of restaurants but all of them very expensive (but then, what isn't in Tokyo?).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank slagathor
Reviewed October 1, 2012

we stayed here for over a week. the hotel is very big and luxurious and rooms are very nice. the hotel has magnificent gardens and lots of restaurants and bars.It has a good location only minutes from the metro and near a great eating area. The staff will do anything to make you happy and the concierge is very helpful and breakfast is amazing - the best you will get in Tokyo. all in all had a lovely stay

Room Tip: before you go out for the day consult the concierge, they have maps and will assist you in any way they can
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Just come back from a weekend in Tokyo and I stayed at the Hotel New Otani

Having initially booked my room from Friday to Sunday, work commitments eventually made me change my booking so I emailed the hotel to let them know. Having arrived in Tokyo, I only just realised they never came back to me so I was sweating over a) did I have a room and b) were they going to charge me for the extra night (as I now needed Saturday to Monday). In typical Japanese fashion, they said it was no problem and just amended my booking on the day. That to me already out the guys on a level above as service to me is key!

The room I was given was on 13th floor (1392) and its as far away from the lifts as you get. I deliberately requested this plus a high floor in advance and again they delivered; very happy. The ro itself was spacious with a decent sized cupboard for luggage/ clothes storage, a nice desk, a nice single seat sofa and a very large Panasonic plasma TV. And i had a nice view ofthe roof garden belie. The room was nicely decorated in neutral browns and greys so inoffensive but calming. The only weird thing was the bathroom. Now this was very old and in a very typical pod style ie pre-fabricated and stuffed in without much consideration for surrounding decor!

I didn't manage to check out the gym or the restaurants but I can assume they would have all been to a very reasonable standard. Within close proximity are a number of metro lines makes this a very convenient location, especially for the price.

Only real complaint is that lifts were very very slow but if you aren't in a rush, I guess it's a non-issue.

Would recommend this place for value.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank HKFooey
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Theer is no doubt that this is one of the best of many hotels that I have been in. Sheer professionalism from the minute you get there. The prices are just simply horrendous though. It is perfectly situated, has good connections - a bus to the airport and near the fabulous Akasaka Palace. In the area there are many bars and restaurants. The grounds of the hotel are just magnificant. But I will never stay there again because of the experience of breakfast - although nice - just to full of people and forget any service - and it is just too expensive!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business