We liked the room - it was big enough to have a king sized bed and 2 roll away singles. View was good. Beds were comfortable. The bathroom was huge although the toilet area was very cramped. The hotel itself is new and nice.
However reason I don't rate it as a 5 is because:
1) for the price range and what it makes itself out to be, it's lacking in some 'extras', eg nespresso coffee, turn down service, newspapers. Maybe that's reserved for the club floors (which we weren't in) but in many similar situated hotels, even non club floor rooms would enjoy these perks;
2) staff will answer your questions but they won't give you alternative suggestions, which to me is what sets apart a good hotel from an exceptional one;
3) while the subway is under the hotel, it really is a fairly long trek to the trains.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Capitol Hotel Tokyu is situated very conveniently in Akasaka, the heart of downtown Tokyo. It is located with easy access to famous shopping and dining areas such as Ginza, Roppongi, Shibuya, Omotesando or Harajuku. Subway station with 4 lines is located right under the hotel. Guests are able to savor the quiet natural surroundings of Hie Shrine, a serene space surrounded by natural beaty where it is possible to escape the hustle and bustle of Tokyo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Fastbooking, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your The Capitol Hotel Tokyu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Capitol Hotel Tokyu Tokyo, Japan