“I absolutely loved it!”

Ranked #7 of 74 Hotels / Ryokan in Chiyoda
Sao Paulo, SP
“I absolutely loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I can honestly say this property gathers pretty much everything that I look for in a hotel. It was my best overall hotel experience so far!
It's very centrally located in Chibuya (which is a neighborhood with many of Tokyo's main attractions) but still very secluded in a small street, beside a small temple/park. On the basement level you have access to 3 major subway lines, which is VERY convenient.
Staff will do anything you ask them and they're unbelievably polite. I bought my bullet train tickets through the Concierge and also booked a tour guide and both went very well.
What amazed me the most was the combination of traditional Japanese aspects with a very tasteful and minimal decor, still managing to keep everything very comfortable and beautiful. I was upgraded to a Premium Room on the 22nd floor, huge, overlooking Tokyo through the big floor to ceiling window - it was just mind blowing! I also loved the bathroom, all in black, also huge, with great shower and tub. I didn't care much for breakfast, which is also more expensive than in other 5* hotels.
I could not recommend it enough. I'm sure it will contribute to your Tokyo experience in a much more authentic (and cheaper) way than the big chain hotels.

Room Tip: Do upgrade to a Premium Room if you can. They're huge and have amazing views of the city.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cadi C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

The rooms are lovely with fantastic views of the city, service is superb and the location couldn't be better, I cannot use enough superlatives to describe the Capitol Hotel, I absolutely loved it and how cool that it's connected to the metro with a supermarket & coffee shop just a lift ride away!! You will not be disappointed if you choose this Hotel for business or pleasure. I'm sure the Hotel restaurants are fantastic, we only ever had breakfast, however there is so much to offer just a short walk away, bars, restaurants and amazing shopping along with the beautiful gardens of the imperial palace, loved every minute of my 6 day stay here, I will be back!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SalDxb
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

The Capitol Hotel is situated 3 minutes walk from the Diet Building (the Japanese Parliament), and another 5 min from the Imperial Palace. I loved the location - the service - from the check-in counter to the Concierge who made such great recommendations, to the housekeeping people who left extra bottles of water in my room when they realized that I need more water. Fantastic experience - would highly recommend this hotel and the staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TriptiLochan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I spent 6 very relaxing nights here as part of our wedding anniversary. The hotel is off the beaten track in a quiet location near the parliament and emperor's palace. However, it's at the junction of several Tokyo Metro stations and it is easy to get to the busier parts of town within 10 - 15 mins.

The hotel room has all the modern amenities and been cleverly designed using traditional moveable Japanese wall panels that allow you to customize your room space. Personally, I loved the large bath and shower room and the bed was one of the best I've slept in.

The service from everyone was superb - professional, courteous, helpful and nothing was too much trouble. It is not a tourist hotel, but the concierge and front desk staff went out out of their way to help us with information, make restaurant bookings and to arrange yoga and dance classes for my wife.

A minor annoyance was the room service menu. It is a bit limited and quite expensive for what it offers, but in saying that there are a few very good restaurants on site that are more reasonably priced than room service prices would imply.

If you're looking for a bustling hotel in the middle of everything this isn't for you. But if you're looking for a relaxing oasis this is one of the best. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to experience the best of Japanese service and I'd go back in an instant.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bill H
Palm Desert, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

All I have to say is yes, it is pricey, but the service, comfort and location are absolutely worth the price. The staff is so helpful and polite. Anything that we needed to find out about, they were willing to do so with a smile, and if they didn't know, they damn made sure to see who would know. I remember calling the desk for laundry service, and literally within 20 seconds someone was already knocking at our door.
The biggest advantage of this hotel is the location is relatively close to all the districts. After many travels, I have to say that having the metro underneath your hotel cuts a whole lot of time off in trying to figure out how to get around, especially Tokyo. Being that this was our first time in Japan, my wife and I were so grateful for this feature, or else, we probably would have gotten lost.
I was also amazed at how elegant and detailed focus this hotel is. I was even taking pictures of the elevator because they were so clean and nice. Heck, even the toilets are elegant. I want to come back here so bad that I am already thinking about another trip with this hotel in mind again.

Room Tip: For all those first timers to Tokyo, if you are landing in Narita Airport, save yourself some cash a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jose M
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Capitol when visiting Tokyo in July 2012, after reading many positive reviews on Trip Advisor... thanks, guys, you were spot on!
First and foremost, this hotel is, for what it offers, a very good bargain. We have booked it online with discount, and payed for its amazingly large room for Tokyo standards what we would have paid in hotels in a much lower category. The room is large, modern, very comfortable and has an amazing view over Tokyo!
Another major upside for this hotel is its location. Being right on top of a subway station which connects four different lines, it allows for you to move pretty easily around the city (with direct connections to Shinjuku, Harajuku, Ginza, Shibuya, etc.). Also, on this station - and thus right under the Capitol - there is a Seven-Eleven open until late, in case you need to buy something last minute. If you do not feel like taking the subway, just cross the avenue and you will find plenty of restaurants and stores.
The downside of the hotel is that food is extremely pricy if you do not feel like going out to eat, and although staff is very polite and helpful, I felt like hiding my tattoos all the time (and never dared enter their spa!). I would, nevertheless, come back again and again, as we have both loved the place!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Juliana V
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

The rooms were really nice, excellent shower, the wireless Internet while free, was quite intermittent. Room service was okay, food at the bar was passable and the barman had little personality ( but seeing him carve circle ice cubes was impressive). I will stay again due to location

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chiyoda
Imperial Hotel Tokyo
Park Hotel Tokyo
#6 of 108 in Minato
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,998 reviews
Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo

Been to The Capitol Hotel Tokyu? Share your experiences!