“Nice Hotel !”

The Capitol Hotel Tokyu
Ranked #8 of 82 Hotels / Ryokan in Chiyoda
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I love the suite , the view from the room.
Shower is also excellent .

1  Thank PrudenceChoy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,348)

Reviewed September 27, 2011

I've stayed at a number of hotels in the area for business, and the Capitol Hotel is definitely the nicest. The rooms are large and well appointed, with clean lines and understated design. The shower is wonderful. The basement level of the hotel is directly connected to the subway, which is nice benefit.

The hotel restaurant is too expensive, but I was able to get good value for my room.

Highly recommend.

Reviewed September 27, 2011

We travel a lot and seem to spend a lot of time in hotels and this hotel is in our top five. The room was fantastic with a great view over the city to the Imperial Gardens. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was outstanding with a large separate bath and separate rain shower. There was plenty of space to hang clothes and put all other items. We asked if we could have wi-fi instead of a cable and a router was set up in our room minutes from our arrival; we could then use both our computers at the same time. The hotel is situated in the government part of Tokyo but is a short walk from the bright lights of Akasaka and plenty of dining and bar options. We walked to the Imperial gardens and then to Ginza but the metro is only a few minutes from the hotel. We did not eat in the resturant but had some excellent if expensive drinks in the bar. All in all expensive but value for money everything worked and people were helpful.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2011

This was our first stay at this hotel and we were very impressed. The room was outstanding probably the most impressive we have stayed in. The staff and services of the hotel we what you would expect of a top class hotel. It sits on top of 2 train stations so it's easy to get around. The surrounding area is pretty dull but a few minutes walk and you come to a vibrant eating and entertainment district were we fouled some fantastic eating at cheap prices. And just up the road in the other direction is roppongi.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2011

This is my first stay in the Capitol Hotel in Tokyo. I was thoroughly impressed by it. The room was very nice and modern, with an excellent view of the Akasaka area. I stayed there for three nights on a business trip. The bed was of fine, I slept well all three nights. I was impressed by the rain shower in the bathroom. The bathroom also had an excellent view. The only meals I had was three breakfasts at the Origami. I would say the breakfast was very good. I judge, partly, the quality of the breakfasts by the quality of the croissants - and they were excellent. I used the gym twice and it was good with moderate amount of equipments. The service was very nice throughout. Suggested improvements are: (a) open the gym earlier than 6.30 in the morning. (b) the lobby could be a little more brighter. I would definitely stay here again the next time go to tokyo.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I recently stayed here for business. I was totally impressed by the room size and they are spotless! The shower is incredible and I loved it. The view of Tokyo was beautiful anytime of the day. The subway is on the lower level along with a 711 store and a wine store which is very convenient. Very close to the Akasaka area (within easy walking distance) with lots of restaurants. The location of the hotel, next to a shrine and the Diet Building, ensures peace and quite and security. I had breakfast in the hotel every day and it was delicious!

Room Tip: I'm an early riser so my room facing east was perfect! Beautiful sun rises.
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I can not say enough, how nice this hotel is. Great staff, location, and guest room. The hotel is immaculately clean. Every staff member I encountered was above and beyond in every department. They were friendly, courteous, and professional, not to mention extremely helpful. The room was a very large and spacious room. Great view, and internet access. A bubble bath is a must, because of how deep the tub is. The gym has a lot of equipment in it, and the spa area is a great place to relax.

The restaurants have great menus with a large variety of foods. Both Japanese and American style of foods available. You must have a drink in the upstairs bar. It has a really cool, chic, vibe.

Good location to Metro station and restaurant and stores in Akasaka area.

This is a must stay hotel when in Tokyo.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chiyoda
Imperial Hotel Tokyo
Odaiba / Shiodome / Shinbashi
Conrad Tokyo
Conrad Tokyo
#1 of 117 in Minato

Been to The Capitol Hotel Tokyu? Share your experiences!