All reviews public bath miso soup small hotel room was super clean family hotel memorable stay tokyo station stayed for nights the hotel staff pickles subway luggage key lines
Selected filters
Reviewed August 8, 2018

We stayed several nights here with my family of 4. 2 teenage kids. The rates are reasonable for this expensive city. The 4 person traditional room was small, for 4, but if you roll up your bed roll, you can make do fine. We were out and about all day, so the size the the room wasn't an issue. The public bath was very nice, always clean, and something we all looked forward to each day to relax and rejuvenate for the next adventure. Good location with 3 subway stations nearby, and perhaps 1.5 miles from Tokyo Station. The staff is helpful, and most are fluent in Japanese and English. Included breakfast is traditional Japanese - fried egg, rice, Miso soup, coffee or tea and veggies.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2018

Ochanomizu Hotel Shoryukan offers bath on the basement level, which might be good for bath lovers, but the room was very small and uncomfortable if you have family.
The pictures show very spacious, but it is not. Two-night stay was not enjoyable.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights back in dec 2017 as a solo female traveller in the smallest single room. It was quite a squeeze with my luggage but apart from that everything else was clean and comfortable. Had a relaxing time in the public baths which were also very clean with all amenities provided. Next to the baths, there is a small recreational room with massage chairs which were also great after a long day of walking! I loved the basic breakfast which was just right for me, the eggs were cooked very well and all in all it was a wholesome meal. Best thing about the stay was the hotel staff who were extremely courteous and could speak pretty good english! it’s a small hotel so they could recognise me and give me my key without even asking for my name. Helped me to book several restaurants as well as the airport shuttle bus. At the end of my stay, they gave a cute little farewell gift and even stood outside the hotel to bid farewell until I walked to the end of the street!

Location wise, it is ok with around 3 subway stations located nearby. It is a quaint neighbourhood which I enjoyed after staying in busy Shinjuku!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank chercher28
Reviewed December 23, 2017 via mobile

Friendly staff that speaks good English. Hotel accepted to switch us to a non-smoking room although we accidentally booked a smoking one.

We were asked to pay the stay at check-in. Rooms are only available from 3pm so we left our luggage at the reception. When we came back it was already in our room.

Room was super clean and has a nice design. For Tokyo the room was big and had a view on the park. Futon bed was great. Bathroom is nice and it was great that it had a western shower.

Breakfast has a limited choice but is ok. It would be great to offer tea as an alternative to the coffee.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2017

For me this hotel is not close to the transportation, you need walk around 10 mins to 20 mins to the hotel, and they are on the other line so your 1 day pass may not work with this

Breakfast was ok for 1 day, but then you will get very bored since they are giving only pickle and rice.The onsen is very small, as well as the changing area got only space for 2,3 persons, room is tidy, clean.

If you are not fan of chiyoda you basically have nothing to do by walking distance

Date of stay: April 2017