“The secret to finding a good Sydney restaurant: go to Tokyo”

Salt by Luke Mangan
Ranked #65 of 7,454 Restaurants in Chiyoda
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Salt is well located in Marunouchi. The ingredients are quirky and cooked to everyone's liking. This is clearly a restaurant which benefits from being run by Japanese chefs. You would not find this attention to detail in Sydney. The serving staff are excellent, sans the Sydney waiting staff's necessary haughty attitude.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was quite excited to happen across Salt in Tokyo having loved the Sydney branch for many years.

The beef was tough, the 3 courses were very underwhelming, the drinks had lots of ice in them. The service is great, the food really lets the place down.

It's obvious this branch doesn't have the owners on site attention.

On the plus side the wine bar next door is jumping for afterwards with great quality wines at very reasonable prices.

1  Thank disport
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was an incredible experience. We decided to go for the brunch and experienced incredible food, wonderful variety and a service and hospitality impossible to be beat. I would go there anytime and forma restaurant to stand out like this in a city where it is hard to bad restaurant , i feel this is a pretty good effort from management and staff. Keep it up you won my vote

Reviewed May 4, 2012

Because my son and his wife who live in Tokyo now have a 12 month old baby most of our restaurant visits are for lunch.
We went on our last visit but I didn't post a review ,the restaurant is so good that I felt I had to this time. The food is fantastic and the staff are the nicest staff I've encountered anywhere.
They were very good with the baby and even took his picture and gave it to us as a momento of the visit.
The lunch set is really good value for money and if you are visiting Tokyo then I would recommend a visit to Salt.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Entertained a party of 10 at Salt. The set dinner was outstanding and with choices for most palates. The portions maybe just a bit small for Western appetites. Extensive wine list was also bit of a let down but both minor quibbles really as my guests greatly enjoyed the meal. The service was also simply outstanding, even for Tokyo.

All in all a great restaurant in a fine location.

2  Thank ellysian