“oasis in the city.”

Ranked #8 of 74 Hotels / Ryokan in Chiyoda
New York City, New York
“oasis in the city.”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

i stayed here for one night on my return to tokyo from kyoto before my flight out. i decided to try a quieter area, but it was still easy to find and very close to 2 different JR stations. the room was beautiful and extremely comfortable and i appreciated the refresh room with massage chairs after a long day of walking. it is close to tokyo dome so i would definitely stay here again if i wanted to catch a baseball game. overall, it felt like an oasis tucked away from all the hustle and bustle of the city; definitely a relaxing atmosphere.

1 Thank jooliecoolie
M3810, Guest Relations at Hotel Niwa Tokyo, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear jooliecoolie,

I was so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found that all aspects of your stay met your expectations. I have passed on your kind words to my brilliant team at the hotel who I am sure appreciate your feedback.
Many thanks

Yuriko Suneya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed in this hotel based on tripadvisor's review and it's definitely not a let down. The loby area is not big but has the illusion of grand hotel and the design is superb. Rooms are clean and well designed, it's not our largest hotel room while we're in Japan but definitely the nicest. The staff in front desk are very polite and accommodating. We didn't buy the breakfast package because there's plenty restaurant nearby our favorite is Sukiya which we pass every morning on the way to the station. Suidobashi station is not really centrally located but quite convenient to go around from.
Love everything about the hotel, but the most I fell in love about this hotel is the design and how all the details are so beautifully executed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Aditya H,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Niwa Tokyo as your home away from home.
I appreciated that you have taken the time to let us know your experience and feeling towards our hotel. Hoping to have continuous support from you, and please do try our brilliant western and Japanese buffet breakfast as well.

Guest Relaions
Paris, France
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The Niwa Hotel is very well located, walking distance from a JR station and only a few stations on the Yamanote line from some Tokyo major attractions. The room, rather small, was nicely decorated and offered almost everything I needed except drawers for clothes. Luckily, I only spent two nights at the hotel, so it didn't really bother me. If I visit Tokyo again, the Niwa Hotel will probably be my first choice.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
M3810, Guest Relations at Hotel Niwa Tokyo, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear patcParis,

Thank you for your lovely review. While I would never categorize my hotel as "perfect" I am certainly extremely pleased that you found it to be so! My staff and I are all very proud of the rooms, amenities and service that we are able to offer our guests, but we always keep an eye towards the future and all the wonderful new little touches that we will be adding next!

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We could not fault this hotel. Staff are very courteous and helpful. Located close to subway and JR stations it is very easy to get to anywhere in Tokyo. A very quiet area with lots of reasonably priced restaurants in the immediate area. The massage chairs in the relaxation room were an added bonus. A good range of toiletries are provided and even pyjamas. We were here for 4 days and loved this hotel.

Dear Jessna,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor and share it with the rest of users. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your accommodation, facilities, and the treatment of the hotel staff in general.
I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Been here twice staying in Tokyo at this hotel. It's located centrally and has a lot of great little places in the neighborhood that are convenient for travelers (small noodleshops, convenience store, etc). The rooms are nice and stylish. The rate is very affordable. The staff are extremely courteous

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
M3810, Guest Relations at Hotel Niwa Tokyo, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear BigBenBear,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback following your recent stay at Hotel Niwa Tokyo. I am so happy that my fantastic team ensured we met your expectations. I have already passed on your kind words to them. Please do come back and see us again soon.
My kindest regards

Newbridge, Ireland
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I would have no hesitation in recommending the Niwa to anyone looking for a modern, clean, comfortable, well-managed base for exploring Tokyo. It is a stylish and friendly hotel in a good central location.

Although the immediate neighborhood is very quiet, there are a couple of stations within a short walk that allow you easy access to get around the city, so we felt this was a plus.

The restaurant onsite is quite high-end so I'd recommend heading to the local branch of 'St Marc Cafe' for breakfast - it's just around the corner on the way to Suidobashi station.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank voehn
M3810, Guest Relations at Hotel Niwa Tokyo, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear voehn,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. Hotel Niwa Tokyo is conveniently located near the rail station, and center of the city, which is ideal location for both business people and travelers. You may also have found many places accented by Japanese décor comes from our hotel concept “Modern Japanese”.
We hope you will be back to visit us again, and share wonderful time at your home away from home.

South Australia
Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed here on our first visit to Tokyo. What an absolute gem of a hotel. It is close to a JR train station, making it a short distance from pretty much anything and with a JR pass, you don't need to purchase any tickets. The staff were friendly and very helpful in making sense of the large number of train lines, so that getting to places was very easy. The room was lovely. Everything modern, but with a touch of tradition to set it off perfectly. It was very quiet and very clean. The location of the hotel itself was one of the best things about it. In a large, noisy, highly populated city, at the end of the day it was great to return to an area which was relatively quiet. There were shops and many restaurants all within walking distance, as well as Tokyo Dome (complete with roller coaster) just 5 minutes walk away. We loved Tokyo and will probably visit it again one day. When that happens, we will definitely stay at the Hotel Niwa.

1 Thank Dee2469
Dear Dee2469,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Niwa Tokyo, and for reviewing on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that your stay was a success. Our staff strives to provide each guest with a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
We all look forward your next visiting to us.

Yuriko Suneya
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chiyoda
Odaiba / Shiodome / Shinbashi
Odaiba / Shiodome / Shinbashi
Royal Park Hotel The Shiodome, Tokyo
Shinjuku
Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku

Been to Hotel Niwa Tokyo? Share your experiences!