$600
$362
$271
Agoda.com
2,147 results
All reviewssuidobashi stationgreat hotelconvenience store next doorminute walkrelaxation roomlaundry machinesthird floorquiet streetamusement parksmall gymjr linemita linestandard roomquiet hotelnarita airportjapanese styleeasy access
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I arrived at Narita Airport knowing no Japanese and had to navigate my way to the Hotel Niwa. They had provided some travel directions which were accurate and I took the Narita Express to Tokyo station and two JR lines trains (Chuo and Sobu lines) and from Tokyo to Suidobashi which is easy walking distance to the hotel. Indeed not only the JR surface railway station at Suidobashi is close by, but also the subway station at Suidobashi too. The lobby was welcoming, and the room (804) was comfortable but not spacious, I stayed here three nights, and again a few nights later and they looked after my bag no problem and had it delivered to my second room, 424, before I arrived back. I paid Y15,500 per night which was not cheap but it was a good introduction to Japan and I could recommend it. Close to the amusement area of the Tokyo Dome on the other side of Suidobashi station, and loads of places to eat nearby. Breakfast was good - a mix of Western and Japanese items, and I barely noticed the typhoon that went through the city while I was sleeping.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank anylex
M3810, Guest Relations at Hotel Niwa Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Dear anylex,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Niwa Tokyo, and for reviewing on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that your stay was a success. Our staff strives to provide each guest with a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
We all look forward your next visiting to us.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Yes, there is an equivalent of a boutique hotel in Tokyo and this is a fine example of one. I had stayed here a bit over two years ago and was pleased to discover that its high standards had not slipped. In fact the greater number of foreigners staying there indicates that others have discovered this secret. It is a very aesthetically pleasing hotel. The standard rooms are quite compact but the use of space makes it far more comfortable than the usual Japanese hotel room of similar size. (Though if you plan to have two people stay in a standard room you better be on extremely friendly terms and be carrying not much luggage since storage space is limited.) Free internet is provided as well as a bottle of water each day. There is a very nice small lounge equipped with two free massage chairs. A small workout room contains two treadmills and a stationary bicycle.) As can be expected the rooms are very clean and the staff polite and helpful. I would suggest, if possible, to fly into Haneda Airport. Once there you can either take the limousine bus to the Tokyo Dome Hotel (1100 Yen) and walk five minutes to the hotel or take a combination of the monorail and trains (630 Yen) and walk for three minutes from Suidebashi Station. Directions are available from the hotel website as well as a map of the immediate area. Public transport takes about 50 minutes while the bus takes about 60 minutes. There are two restaurants attached to the hotel. I tried the Japanese restaurant which was quite good for lunch. It is not cheap, but for lunch not unreasonable. Dinner, as is true of any restaurant in Tokyo, is noticeably more pricey. So it might be wiser to have your major meal midday. A breakfast brunch is available as well but again, not cheap. However the hotel itself if you are thinking of value for money is a terrific buy. It is also a three minute walk from the Station from which the rest of Tokyo is readily available. Those traveling with children will find there is a major amusement park just a four minute walk away which contains a formidable roller coaster. The hotel is just a very good example of impeccable Japanese taste.

Room Tip: In hotels, higher is always better. Try a superior room if you are traveling as a couple.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank cfreedma

Dear cfreedma,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor and share it with the rest of users.Your kind comments on our rooms, facilities and particularly our staff would always be a delight to us to know that our efforts are appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you back again as your continous support to us is essential.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was a great place to stay in Tokyo. The front desk staff were fantastic - there was always someone there waiting to greet you with a smile and help with any questions. I booked a standard room and they seemed to be concerned if it would be big enough, but it was fine for us (a double bed). The room was well set out and very clean. I loved the Japanese styling, but with a Western bed. Also the high-tech toilet! Other great pluses were the beer vending machine and massage chairs in the guest lounge - perfect after a big day out sightseeing. The location was good, close to the subway/train stations and plenty of food options near by, but off the main street so nice and quiet at night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Traveller_Katenz

Dear Traveller_katenz,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor and share it with the rest of users. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your accommodation, facilities and the treatment of the hotel staff in general.
I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

It started when we were warmly greeted in the spacious lobby. The staff was friendly in a very polite way and I had no problem communicating as their English was near perfect. We stayed 5 nights and upgraded to a superior room the second night as the standard room was way too small for 2 adults. The breakfast bar was excellent with many Japanese and western choices. It was a little hard to find (thus the hidden gem) but near a train station and a metro in the Tokyo Dome area. I will be back when next in Tokyo.

Room Tip: Be sure to upgrade from the standard room to have the best Niwa experience.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ALANinSD
M3810, Guest Relations at Hotel Niwa Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Dear ALANinSD,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and feedback.
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodation as well as breakfast. .
Our staff strives to provide each guest with everything they need in order to have guest satisfaction. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was my second time at this hotel and, again I'm very pleased with it. In Japanese standards, rooms are very spacious, clean and quiet. No-smoking in the entire hotel is a big plus for me, no matter wherever I travel.
Will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GalIsrael

Dear Gallsrael,

First of all, I would like to thank you for comming back to Hotel Niwa Tokyo, and for such a lovely comment from you.
I was so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found that all aspects of your stay met your expectations. Thank you so much again, and wishing to have your continous support.