The Shangrila Tokyo is perched on top of a skyscraper tower right next to Tokyo Station and The Imperial Palace in the center of the city. Arrival is a bit disorienting as you enter below ground level and the lobby is on the 28th floor. The hotel occupies several floors above the 28th, and the result is the room views give everyone a specatcular landscape right at your feet. The lobby bar benefits from this view, as does the well appointed fitness center, complete with a pool on the 29th floor.
If you are looking for open courtyards and wide open spaces this isn't your place, but then again Tokyo probably isn't your type of city either. If you want a smart room with all the bells and whistles, attentive service and good food, all with a world class metro view, then come on in.
The concierge is very helpful to meet all needs, which is often key in a city like Tokyo which can be challenging for foreigners. The location is central to everything, and easy walks to the Palace, Ginza, Tsujuki Fish Market. Rooms are spacious and well designed. This is a top flight hotel in a world class city and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The splendid Shangri-La Hotel conveniently located adjacent to Tokyo Station. Guests will appreciate Shangri-La's unique brand of hospitality and service, as well as the very finest facilities and amenities while staying within the comfort and warmth of this luxurious Tokyo hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, JAPANiCAN, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo Hotel Chiyoda
- Shangri La Tokyo
- Shangri La Chiyoda
- Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo Japan