Kasura had just started when we received our Japan visa but that never daunted our excitement to pursue our trip to Tokyo. When the JAL touched down at Narita, i could feel the excitement burning. Konnichiwa! like a baby uttering his first few words, i greeted everyone i saw ( mind you, i had practiced the art of bowing). After a friendly encounter with immigration and customs, a big and warm smile from a staff of Shangri-la Tokyo just assured me of a perfect vacation. The bags were securely arranged at the van while we were taking some burgers for energy.
Shangri-la Tokyo greeted us with a famiiar scent at basement 1 and we where immediately whisked to 28th floor for check in. We took the last floor (37th) known as the Horizon Club. I love the teddy bears that welcomed me.
Shangri-la Tokyo is best for businessmen who visit Tokyo. It is at the heart of the city where everything is within reach: the tokyo station, some local and authentic restos and shops. For regular travelers like me, this may not have a vacation ambience, but the service is still perfect.
The room is spacious. You have 2 television sets ( at the bedroom and the other is at the vanity area) ... There's no reason missing a scene from your favorite japanese anime movie. The beds are comfy. You dont need to change the linens everyday. Another wise way of helping mother earth. The shower room is awesome. Dont forget to close the curtain. :-)
The quality of service is common to most Shangri-la hotels, but Tokyo's Shangri-la restroom spells the difference- it is automated. The seat cover opens by itself when you get near it. Hahaha, i know it's about sensor powered thing, but i am really amazed. Now that is sitting like a King.
The wifi is recommendable. Singapore Shang has one fast wifi service too. Just a bit sad i could not try the pool. The weather was really cold - but the Chi Spa is heavenly.
I recommend this hotel when you visit Tokyo and dont forget to try their wagyu beef - ouishi ne.
Yoi kyuujitsu o!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The splendid Shangri-La Hotel conveniently located adjacent to Tokyo Station. Guests will appreciate Shangri-La's unique brand of hospitality and service, as well as the very finest facilities and amenities while staying within the comfort and warmth of this luxurious Tokyo hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, KNT-CT Holdings Co.,Ltd.(YOKOSO Japan), Hotels.com, Rakuten, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, JAPANiCAN, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo Hotel Chiyoda
- Shangri La Tokyo
- Shangri La Chiyoda
- Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo Japan