All reviews free ramen ginza line amazing onsen top floor outdoor bath noodles great location japanese style breakfast small room ueno park minutes walking fresh fruit short walk hot water hotel is located five nights vending machine
Selected filters
Reviewed July 1, 2018

They advertise a "Hot Springs" onsen at the hotel. This is simply not true. On their roof is a Japanese style communal bath, but it's just hot tap water. It is NOT a hot springs, and not technically an "onsen". I felt deceived. They even put "hot springs" in their name. There are many hotels in Japan that do have natural hot springs water, this is not one of them.

Outside of this false advertising, the location is great for tourists, lots of public transportation nearby. Lots of convenience stores and restaurants nearby. The staff do not speak much English, but they were very friendly. The room is on the small size, but manageable. Everything worked, but awkward lighting that is very difficult to understand and work with remote controls. Small kitchen area. I liked the free laundry machines (you pay for the dryer).

Good value hotel. If they had the onsen, as advertised, I would have given 5 green dots. I really felt cheated, and wouldn't have stayed there otherwise.

Room tip: Don't expect any view here at all.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank pattayainsider
Reviewed May 27, 2018

The room I had was small, no doubt. It felt smaller because it was divided into an entry hall, bedroom, and bathroom. The bathroom is shower only and toilet (with washlet). The entry area had a sink with hot water maker, small refrigerator, and some cups and mugs. The bedroom is cozy but the bed was a double and I had a great night's sleep.

Now the reason I booked this hotel was that it has a large ofuro on the ninth floor. It is Japanese style so you are bathing with lots of other men. Just deal with it. The bath is spacious and the water was great. There is a small outdoor bath too, but the water temperature was cooler and seating not as comfortable. Anyway, be sure to follow the rules and shower before entering the baths. Bathing tip: after the bath, use the smaller washcloth to wipe yourself off. Don't head out into the change area sopping wet. The change area had lockers with keys, hair dryers, and lots of amenities (razors, combs, cotton swabs, etc.). It also is the laundry room. There is also a vending machine for your after bath refreshments.

My stay was a little pricey, more than I would usually pay for, but the bath was well worth the extra money. Location was great, within ten minutes to Akihabara station, although the closest station is Suehirochō. Anyway, if can stay at a discounted price at Dormy Inn, give it a try.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

This is a no frills (except for the amazing onsen) hotel. It is cheap and gives you easy access to akihabara. We enjoyed it for what it was and would definitely recommend if you’re the type of
Traveller who doesn’t spend a lot of time in the room.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2017

My partner and I loved the Dormy Inn we stayed at in Hiroshima so much that we cancelled our other hotel in Akihabara and booked at the Dormy there instead for later in our trip. I'm so glad we did! The rooms were very clean and noticeably larger than the same class of room at other hotels we stayed at. This was the only hotel in Japan we stayed in that had a shower rather than a shower/tub combination but that was fine considering the onsen on the top floor. So nice to be able to relax in a hot bath or sauna after a long day of walking around. We had never experienced onsen before and the facilities at this chain are very accessible and non-intimidating to tourists. And the free late night ramen snack from 9:30-11 was always a welcome treat. We had a late flight out on the day we checked out and the hotel even held our bags for a few hours after checkout so we could do some last minute shopping. Great service, relaxed experience, and clean facilities. I can't recommend this chain enough.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank akbarratt
Reviewed September 13, 2017

Very nice hotel just a few blocks from Akihabara station. We had the breakfast included with our stay there. You were given a choice of a western style or Japanese style breakfast for the main entree pieces, and buffet style sides/cereals/drinks/fruits. There is also a free, gender-separated onsen (hot tub/steam room/spa) on the top floor for hotel guests.

Easy to get to from the Haneda airport. Just take the Tokyo monorail from the airport to Hamamatsuchou, then transfer to either the Yamanote or Keihin-Tohoku line north to Akihabara. From the station, continue walking north 2 blocks or so with the tracks above you to the right.

Date of stay: April 2017