“Nice food ”

Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Ueno, Asakusa
Neighborhood: Ueno, Asakusa
Reviewed April 21, 2019 via mobile

We had seen reviews of this place on line and not only managed to find the place (a little tricky) but avoided any queues. All dishes were good but the highlight for me was the yummy miso soup. Service very friendly and efficient.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed February 18, 2019

This family-owned restaurant can be (somewhat) difficult to find, but it's definitely worth it. Additionally, while the price is higher than most other pork tonkatsu places, it is, as others have noted, worth it.

I will note that I am not a fan of miso soup. I don't hate it, but I usually avoid having any...until I had it here! It was really good.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed October 14, 2018

Simple restaurant with very good and fast service.
Not the best tonkatsu I've ever ate but it was good.
A bit expensive but it's Tokyo.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

After walking around the markets most of the day, I needed a top up. Well did I find the place !! Service and food was amazing, the place itself is a little quiet and it’s just want you want. To food was more then expected and you can enjoy eating it being made.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

Attracted by the reviews on Trip Advisor, we went there from the Ueno train station through a very nice and full of shops street just under the rails. We could have missed the place. Don’t look for the name of the restaurant on it, it’s all in Japanese. But if you think you’re there, then you probably are!! Look at the phone number, it’s a nice clue.
We took of course the main menu, which was the pork tonkatsu.... Oh Our God. De-li-cloud! Nothing bad about it, I could have had another one!
My girlfriend took the variety (because she doesn’t eat meat) and it came with shrimp tempura, shrimp croquette, pork bite as well (I got that one!) and a tempura scallop. This last piece was also a piece of art!!! A must try obviously.
Last but not least, you gotta try the sandwiches. Same pork with their sauce between 2 slices of bread without crust! It melts in the mouth!!! Don’t take the variety sandwiches though. One is eggs sandwich and the other one is cucumber. Nothing crazy about those 2.
ENJOY!!!