“Not so good.”
Review of the b suidobashi

the b suidobashi
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels / Ryokan in Bunkyo
Stockholm
“Not so good.”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed herefor one night in mid april since almost all hotels were fully booked that weekend. This was the cheapest option available and we have always been satisfied with the Dormy inn hotels.

Good points are the baths, very friendly front staff and the location is good for Tokyo dome and beautiful Koishikawa Korakuen garden. However, the room was among the worst and smallest we have stayed in in Japan. Singles for two people are usually small but here there was abolutely no room to move around. We didnt even have big luggage which would have made it impossible to fit two people. It was a smoking room and usually that´s ok because in our experience they don´t smell that bad due to good venilation. But here it was really smelly and the walls were yellowish.

No view and depressing bad lighting in the room made us want to escape as quickly as possible. If it were really cheap it would have been more acceptable but it cost 13.000 yen for one night. But i think the prices were higher because of the demand, usually a single is about 8000 yen here. Anyway i can´t recommend this one.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank EmiliaStockholm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Korean first
Paris, France
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here twice on our trip: once for 6 nights in a room on the 8th floor and 2 weeks later in a room on the 6th floor. We had double rooms each time which had a double bed and a pull-out couch, as well as a desk for the computer (with LAN internet access), TV, small table and chairs. Our second room even had a massage chair - awesome. Really quiet hotel, slept wonderfully. Very clean with air purifier in the rooms.

We were here for 4 days of karate training - about a 15-minute walk from the training place by foot, so perfect location for us. With the station nearby, it's also easy to get around. I used the onsen almost every day and never saw anyone else in there (I always used it between 3-6pm). It is a little heaven in there - all in cedar, with a sauna too, I could stay in there for hours relaxing my sore muscles!

Staff is really nice and helpful, the breakfast is good too with both western and Japanese food choices. The free ramen noodles after 9:30pm is also a nice touch.

We will not hesitate to come back here and highly recommend it. The only thing we didn't like was the lack of wifi internet and on one day our LAN internet didn't work either. Otherwise, this place was perfect!

Room Tip: Our room on the 8th floor was very large and had 2 windows with a view on the city and a very big ba...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Julie B
Vancouver
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is a great budget alternatives for Tokyo Dome as it is very close as other had mentioned. The onsite onsen is amazing, perfect for after a day of walking which is the usual routine in Tokyo. Hotel is tucked in a nice quiet residential area but within 2 min walk you have lots of connivence store and restaurant options.
This is my go-to hotel whenever I am in Tokyo.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Kealakekua, Hawaii
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Our judo club stayed here for 7 nights. Perfect location near Tokyo Dome with good restaurants, shopping and train stations. This is great for visiting Kodokan Judo Institute. English here is spoken in limited capacity but managable. Make sure to reserve limousine bus seats at Tokyo Dome at least one day in advance when departing. Rooms were small but nice with no view however. The best part of our stay was the sento. Fashioned in old style Japan with beautiful wood features, I thought I should be paying more - what value, for those who were interested in taking advantage of this wonderful facility. Washer/Dryer was free to use - with free soap to boot and a washer/dryer set inside to men's spa too. I can't wait to get back there to relax in that beautiful sento.

Room Tip: The rooms might fit 3 people max - inspite of what may be offered - with one on a couch bed. Get tw...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 1, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights while visiting the University of Tokyo. It's just a 15 minute, easy walk to the main Hongo campus, which was quite convenient. Also close to the Ueno station, which makes transport to Narita (via the express train) fairly easy. (Have good directions to the hotel preprinted in Japanese, though. My taxi driver had a heck of a time finding the place, even with GPS, and most of my Japanese colleagues didn't know about the hotel.) I never used the Onsen but definitely appreciated the good Japanese beer in the vending machines! I'm vegan, and there was literally nothing for me to eat at the breakfast buffet (ok, except for orange slices and lettuce), but thankfully there are several nearby supermarkets where I could find a few things. The rooms are clean but TINY. My single room was a bed and desk with about two feet in between. There's not enough room even to do sit-ups and no fitness facility in the building, so you're out of luck if you want to exercise. I pretended I was in a sleeper coach on a train, and that made it kind of fun. The only serious drawback, which would make me think twice about staying there again, is that I couldn't open or see out of my window (it was heavily frosted, so that the room was always dark and it always seemed foggy and gray outside, even when it was actually sunny). The size of the room and the inability to see outside would make it quite claustrophobic if you're planning to spend any time in the room, other than just for sleeping. The staff have limited English, but they were absolutely lovely.

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank dkalid64
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stayed here for a couple of nights to get over my jet-lag before starting a language course. I found everyone v. helpful though a few words of Japanese might be helpful to have. Suidobashi is little out of the way, but it's where I needed to be so it was perfect. I can really recommend it for doing a good job at a fairly reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo