All reviews barely speak english front desk walking distance train station ochanomizu furniture university jr rooms lobby tokyo
Selected filters
Reviewed December 2, 2018 via mobile

Hotel is big and lobby is big. Hotel staff are friendly and helpful. We managed to have early check in at 12pm for extra 3000YEN. Room is rather old, the only room they refurbish is probably the toilet which looks quite new. Carpet is old and I think quite dusty. The room has no air condition! The other two hotels we stayed at has air condition working very well. Hotel staff was helpful in opening our room window though to get some cold air in. But still. It says they have air con on agoda so that was rather disappointing. And the kettle to boil water is old school style. But overall room is kept clean. Hotel is pretty near to metro and JR station about 8 mins walk.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2018

This place is situated in Ochanomizu, so it's well placed if you are seeking to buy guitars from the many shops the area is famous for. However, when I checked in, the front desk staff weren't particularly helpful and seemed a bit surly. After that particular shift changed, things improved. I didn't have any problems with the other guys, later. The room was clean and pretty basic - which I expected for the price, although it was overheated at night. However, what I didn't expect was the almost complete lack of wifi, even though it is advertised. This made things a bit tricky during the trip.

All in all, I think I'll stay somewhere else next time.

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed August 12, 2018

Very convenient for University of Tokyo and Ochanimizu station to get elsewhere. Great breakfast (Japanese or American or both!) that kept me going all day. Front desk service was impeccable and from Day 1 they recognized me whenever I returned and even delivered a package left for me while I was just passing by in the lobby one day rather than wait for me to get to my room and find out I had one waiting. I speak little Japanese beyond good morning and thank you, but had no trouble at all. Room was quiet, comfortable and well furnished. Super experience for the money in Tokyo. As a bonus there is a great gallery--Quint Art House--down the street where the owner is happy to educate you about antique teapots and the prints and paintings are wonderful.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2018

The room was small and old, but clean. Staff can barely speak English but they are trying to help you sort things out. The breakfast was good. The price was not too bad. There is a train station within a walking distance.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2017

Poor wifi, almost no English is spoken by staff, horrible AC (the room was like a dry sauna), no iron available (quite basic).

Details: Late October, we had 2 nights booked for us by the organization that invited me, and had some issues with that, which the manager solved eventually, but was possible only due to my girlfriend that can speak Japanese. Otherwise, they barely speak English.

We then got into the room which was hot and dry, AC is only heating, and you cannot open the window! only on the second day, we found a solution, someone suggested to unlock the window (only staff can open the window).

I was speaking at a university the next day, and wanted to use an iron after taking my formal clothes out of my luggage. It's quite basic, and it's the first time I encounter an accommodation (hotel/hostel/B&B/Airbnb) that doesn't have an iron for the guests! I tried to find a solution, asking maybe the cleaning ladies have an iron but received a laugh at the front desk. Eventually, I found a solution outside the hotel, which was very inconvenient.

The wifi was so weak and slow, that you can't really use it for work (sending out emails). The desk was also built in an uncomfortable way...

Maybe all these are fine and normal for Japanese businessmen, but very different from my expectations.

Room tip: The AC is only on heating mode, and you can't open the window. Ask at the front desk to have someone unlock the window so you can breathe.
Date of stay: October 2017