“Best Indian meal I can remember!”
Review of Darjeeling

Darjeeling
Ranked #1 of 1,182 Restaurants in Arakawa
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Central Victoria
“Best Indian meal I can remember!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Wow!! What a gem. Don't tell anyone!
The decor and Charming gentleman who owns the restaurant are enough reason to visit, but the food is absolutely beautiful.
I like my curries hot, but as we were all sharing the food, we just let the chef decide on the spice level and were all delighted.
Every dish was clean, not oily like some Indian joints, and the ingredients were very fresh.
It's not exactly cheap, but the quality of the dishes meant we left very satisfied with what we had spent.
An easy stroll from the station, there's no reason not to visit.

• Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
“Dont miss if you are @Nippori”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Great place to have your lunch or dinner. The owner himself serves with his golden touch of the menus offered in his restaurant. He would end up as good friend not to miss when you travel to Japan.

• Visited December 2013
Leeds
“Best kept secret in Tokyo”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

If I could sum my recent meal up in one word it would undoubtably be yummmmmmmmmmmmmm. The flavours, variety and quality of food is excellent. The meal was cooked from fresh to order and made a welcome change from the more common fast food options. As a vegetarian it was a pleasure to be able to eat a wide range of options but I would suggest you ask the owner for a recommendation. His knowledge and experience shines through in his passion for serving high quality food and tea to exceed your expectations.

His command of English, Japanese and Indian makes this a charmingly easy restaurant to attend.

Service was excellent, decor and location fantastic, I can't wait to go back.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank EAF0201
York, United Kingdom
“Passionate about food”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We went to Darjeeling because we were passing and it looked nice (oh and there was English on the menu). What a find!

Ok firstly it's easy to find and a short walk from Nippori station (north exit then west side, go up the street and cross over as you get near the top. It's not far from the Yanakaginza street which is worth a visit too).

If you don't speak japanese don't worry - English is spoken.

The decor - for those who are interested - is great and it gives the restaurant a lovely ambience.

The owner is a lovely Indian gentleman who was really helpful and in the end we told him what we liked/dislikes and could/could not eat and went with his recommendations. We were glad we did as the result was the best meal we've had in Tokyo!

The owner is really passionate about food (and tea) and goes to great lengths to get it right. He was able to talk at great length about the various spices and ingredients and the effort he goes through to get a perfect tea. All this really reflects in the food which is fantastic! We found it spicy and flavoursome but not too hot and I would say its one of the best curries I have ever had!

Also he was able to 'get' vegetarianism and my desire to avoid certain foods due to allergy and structured his recommendation to suit.

Finished with fabulous tea which changes as it brews and the different leaves open and infuse.

The bill was reasonable, I thought, especially for the great food and we left not only having had a great time but feeling like we made a new friend!

I think this is a real hidden gem of a restaurant and it's worth a travel to get to!

I can't wait to return!

Adelaide
“Great decor - good curry”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Go to this Indian restaurant for the decor alone. But the food is also very good with generous portions and a wide range of curries and entree options. English menu and staff speak English. A good gluten free option in Yanaka.

• Visited March 2012