“old and frayed but with good wifi connection”

MetroCentre Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Tagbilaran City
manila
“old and frayed but with good wifi connection”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I just checked in this morning and to say that i am disappointed is an understatement. If only I haven't paid the 50% dp, I would have transferred to another hotel. For P3,000+ for a de luxe room, I expected a lot more -- at least a nice room with buffet breakfast plus coffee/tea making facilities. What I got was a gaudy-looking room with worn, dirty carpet and toiletries composed of soap and shampoo. It doesn't even have the standard toothbrush/toothpaste set which even small B&Bs provide. The TV is old although thankfully, it has lots and lots of cable channels. And yes, one big plus is the fast and free Wi-Fi connection in the room. Btw, the bathroom is nice and modern enough.

I was informed beforehand that renovation is ongoing and that the hotel facade is being repainted. But i never thought that the painters will be working right beside my window (I'm on the sixth floor). Fortunately, they were quite noisy so I noticed that they were just outside, otherwise, they could easily peep into my room since the curtains were not drawn. The smell of the paint, however, managed to seep into my room and made me a bit nauseous.

Metrocentre is located right smack at the city center as its name implies so it's somehow noisy coz the windows couldn't really block off the sound from passing vehicles unless you decide to get the rooms at the back which do not have windows. It is walking distance to Asturias supermarket where jeepneys going to Island City Mall are parked. It also owns the BQ mall about 300 meters away. Hotel guests get to use the pool, gym, and game room for free. There's also free entrance to its bar/club.

The place is not really a sight to look at considering that it's the sister establishment of the lovely Panglao Island Nature Resort but since it's undergoing a makeover, hopefully, it can be as good someday.

Room Tip: choose a room at the higher floors to at least muffle the sounds from the street
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank gold1109
MetroCentre_Hotel, Manager at MetroCentre Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Gold 1109,

Thank you for writing us. Our sincere apologies for matters that caused you inconveniences to our hotel. We are mindful of our guests' sentiments and we are pleased to note your concerns wisely. Other than that, thank you for your compliments and we hope to serve you on your next scheduled visit to Bohol.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Tacloban, Philippines
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My parents and I actually stayed here overnight since we were not able able to synchronize our sched with the Ro-ro sailing to Plaridel. It was just a short experience for me but I would say the staffs were very accommodating. We were assisted from the moment we parked our car in their parking lot down to our room. Staffs gave us the feeling of " a home away from home" gestures.
The second time we were here was with my mom, my 2 kids and my niece. We still stayed in this hotel since the place makes us feel like a comfort zone. Everybody had a great time here as far as the Kiddos brought with them their gadgets, no problem being connected with the internet. Everything was easy access here because this hotel is just located at the heart of Tagbilaran City. Thanks Metrocentre. Hope to be back before the 2012 ends :-)..

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Dzehan M
Dear Ms. Dzehan M,

We deeply express our gratitude for your time in putting a review on us. This only manifest our well-trained personnel and accommodation facility that best suit the expectations of our valued guests. Be it known that your kindest words will surely reach my hotel staff. We will welcome you with an open arms and serve you gladly the next time you visit soon!

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Metrocentre Is the biggest hotel of tagbilaran city. Location is perfect. I think it's time for the hotel to do some renovations to revive its previous glory. Guest can use the pool, game room and gym for free. Room & Toilet comes with simple decor but clean and no foul smell. They also provide free breakfast and complimentary airport transfers. Room rate during my stay last May is around P1,500.00 so nothing to complain about. But they recently increase there rate to p2,100.00 last July, I think it is quite expensive for its condition.

Room Tip: The actual room is not as inviting as it may seems as shown in there website.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dom094
MetroCentre_Hotel, Manager at MetroCentre Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Dom094,

My pleasant gesture of delight for your review on us. Motivated with the desire to offer genuine hospitality to guests we are opt on upgrading our hotel facilities to make sure your stay a truly satisfying and memorable one. All your suggestions are well-taken and we can't wait to serve you on your next vacation soon!

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Parts of this hotel look like a 5 star others look like a 2 star. I think it was a much better hotel in the past. but we had an excellent stay here and its location is perfect. Slighly over priced but I would stay there again. Had to choose between bacon and sausage at breakfast would like them both on a full english

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank RLHydra
MetroCentre_Hotel, Manager at MetroCentre Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Mr. RLHydra,

My expression of joy for your review on us. Seriously, it helps us on how to outperform ourselves as far as hospitality is concern. We adore your fair share on the basis of experience and observation. We hope to serve you again very soon!

Kind Regards,
Vermont
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I think the best that can be said for the Metro is that it has a decent location right in the center of Tagbilaran at a very reasonable price. Beyond that, though, there are some serious issues:
1) My room had sugar ants - not a huge infestation, but enough to be kinda icky.
2) The air conditioner in my room rattled tremendously.
3) Rooms facing the street are noisy.
4) Service for breakfast was indifferent.
5) The promised wifi in the room didn't work.
6) room carpet was heavily stained and smelled of mildew.

On the plus side, the check-in/check-out service was pleasant and efficient. In addition, the shuttle to the ferry was helpful as well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank SSVermont
MetroCentre_Hotel, Manager at MetroCentre Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Mr. SSVermont,

Our pleasure for your time in putting a review on us. We boost ourselves in sustaining and meeting the needs of our guests, the very reason we commend your constructive observations on our hotel. Be it said that all your relevant observations are taken into full account. Nevertheless, we hope to be serving you again soon!

Travelers are raving about these Tagbilaran City hotels

Taytay, Philippines
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Philippine Airlines put us up in this hotel when our flight was cancelled. We had no idea what to expect and found ourselves in the lap of luxury. We were 3 in the family so they gave us a corner family room with a double and single bed. It was carpeted with a mini refrigerator, big flat screen TV, bathtub/shower with hot water and a view of the city. You could see the ocean, too. On the top floor they have a pool and gym with a ping pong table. We ate supper in the dining room. Awesome food! Large portions and a wide variety of cuisine. I had a delicious Quesadilla. Our 11 yr. old son had a child's meal of spaghetti with chicken and my husband had the sizzling squid and Batchoy, a Filipino noodle dish. Others in our group had Chicken Cordon Bleu, fish and the local Palabok, another noodle dish. For dessert we had the banana split and French Apple Pie with whipped cream. Excellent. We had vouchers for breakfast and could choose between the American or Filipino breakfasts. My husband chose Filipino and selected the dried fish, rice and egg. Our son and I chose American and had breakfast rolls, bacon and scrambled eggs. Again, the portions were large and they provided both coffee and juice. The location was great, near ATM machines, stores, malls, etc. and just 5 minutes away from the airport. A free shuttle picked us up at the airport and took us back in the morning. They can also give you a wake-up call. Service upon check-in and check-out was quick and efficient.

Room Tip: Try and get a get a corner room. You might get to see the ocean.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mlgocon
Dear Mlgocon,

I am well-pleased for your review on us. Obviously, you have a lot to say with our food and we are very happy that you loved it! Be certain that your compliments will reach my hotel staff and serve a motivation for all of us. We will welcome you with the same brand of service you once knew on your next visit to Bohol soon!

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed June 23, 2012

It is the best hotel in Bohol, the location is perfect. It was situated at the Heart of Tagbilaran, "in the middle of the city". So you can go out anytime with very accessible shopping malls, food, banks and pharmacy. The rooms were great very clean and with good airconditioning units. They also had a swimming pool and gym area.

Dont forget to order "Batchoy" in the hotel restaurant. The hotel restaurant food were very tasty and yummy with reasonable price.

We'll surely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Timeless29
Dear Mr. Timeless 29,

My full gratitude for setting a review on us. We always appeal to the sentiments of our guests and this only manifest how effective we are on matters of provisions as far as hotel guests are concern. With delight, we will continue to be the best hotel in Bohol and we excite ourselves at the same time to welcome you on your next planned vacation to Bohol.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tagbilaran City
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Bohol
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Boho...
#1 of 11 in Tagbilaran City
#3 of 11 in Tagbilaran City
J&R Residence
J&R Residence
#2 of 6 in Anda

Been to MetroCentre Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!