MetroCentre Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Tagbilaran City
Calamba, Philippines
“tsk!”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Yes the hotel is in the center of everything that a travel might need, as of what it's name implies. The room is fine but the worst is its shower, it is broke... And with their food, if you are a big eater, you wouldn't definitely like it, for they serve the free breakfast in a small amount only with just sandwich and coffee. We have stayed there for overnight only and I think I would definitely won't be back for my next travel in Bohol.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank elsewhereph
MetroCentre_Hotel, Manager at MetroCentre Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Mr. elsewhereph,

Thank you for your review. We deeply regret any inconveniences you had experienced with us. We are presently bracing on renovations as an appeal to our guests' observations and comments and we are glad to inform you that your concerns are taken into full consideration. Lastly, we remain hopeful to serve you on your next planned vacation soon!

Best Regards,
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed April 11, 2012

The average look and feel of the hotel is superseded by the friendliness of the staff in ensuring that you have a pleasant stay. Their free shuttle service to and fro the airport ensures that the traveler need not worry and be hassled about haggling with tricycle and taxi drivers regarding the fare rates. They also have free wifi which you can access from within your room, or at the cafe at the ground level. What I also appreciate in staying at the hotel are the little things, such as a pack of peanut kisses waiting in your room when you arrive. The rooms are pretty average and are actually a bit small, though they have more spacious rooms available, depending on the rate.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ms. Samsumaray,

My warm greetings of joy for reviewing us. Please allow us to take your experience as a compliment. Rest assured that we will continue be doing the same brand of service as a matter of fact we are currently upgrading our hotel facilities to suit best the needs of our valued guests. We anticipate your next vacation to Bohol soon!

Best Regards,
Manager
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 29, 2012

the conference i attended was 2 blocks from the hotel, the mall, the massage place was all one block away. It wasn't noisy. the hotel was clean and decent and affordable. they had free hotel transfer from the pier which was on time. the breakfast, they could improve on but the staff were all friendly. even helped me with my ferry reservation without the fee. we didnt have any problems with our stay. I paid for the 50 % deposit to ensure the booking, it can be paid thru credit card too, it helped for the stay to be seamless.

Room Tip: book early as its fully booked
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed February 9, 2012

What I Like about the hotel
•Location
-Five (5) minute car trip going to and from the Tagbilaran airport.
-2-5 minute walk to malls, banks, food chains.
•Decent room
-I got the Superior B room. The room is pretty decent and bed quality is comfortable.
-Carpeted and has ample space to move around
-Complimentary water and native chips.
-Shampoo, conditioner and soap are provided in the bathroom.

Right outside the hotel public transportation (like jeeps, tricycles) are readily available. You can arrange a car with the hotel or have them assist you call a cab. Shuttle service to and from airport is free.

The Superior B room I got has a window but no view. The room is located at the back of the hotel and the view you will see are the roofs of the different establishments.

My cousins got the Superior A and De Luxe rooms which have the Sea View. My suggestion is that you specify that you like a room that has a sea view and is located at higher floors beginning from 5th and up.

Free breakfast of a toast and butter/jam is provided in their lobby. If you like eating heavy breakfast, you can order from their menu. If you are on budget, you can just go outside the hotel as McDonalds, Jollibee and other food chains are just 3-5 minutes away.

Room Tip: -Choose rooms that have sea view -Higher floors from 5th and up
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank May M
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed February 5, 2012

This hotel is perhaps the best option in a city where there isn't much to choose from. I'll enumerate the pros and cons.

Pros:
1. good location and very near the airport. from the rooftop you can even see the runway.
so near you will never be late for your flight.
2. free shuttle. loved it because it was just so convenient.
3. it is perhaps the only hotel in the city that has all the standard hotel amenities. including an in-room safe.
4. it is very clean. it may be old and worn in some parts, but overall it is clean.

Cons:
1. security can be lax sometimes. i saw a man wandering in my floor looking for someone. had to call security because i thought his actions were suspicious, which begs the question how did he even get this far into the hotel?
2. they seem to have turtles and snails for waiters. breakfast, not only sucks, but takes a long time to be served. i walked out on my breakfast and went to jollibee, two blocks away.
3. don't expect the staff to give you directions on how to commute. they will always offer you to hire a car or van at ridiculously exorbitant prices. may be ok for the foreigners, but not for the local tourists. don't bother asking anyone from the hotel. if you want to go around, ask the tricycle drivers, but proceed with caution.

Room Tip: superior A rooms have a good view and a bigger bathroom.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank pinoy-life-at-large
Makati
Reviewed January 26, 2012

an average hotel, the price is not commensurate to the services and facilities. Wifi is so slow, smelly carpet and difficult reservation through phone. I called this hotel five times in 3 days just to ensure that I am booked, see how stressful that is? During the first to fourth calls, they did not sent me the confirmation of my booking, so on the fifth call i told them to cancel my reservation..immediately, they send me the confirmation. However, when I called again to provide my flight details for the shuttle service, AGAIN, they said that I am not yet booked with the hotel. stressful!

For the management of this hotel, may I suggest that you will look on the foregoing matters as your subject for improvement.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank girltraveller2009
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I stayed one night at the Metro Centre and I was not disappointed. Breakfast is good with free shuttle to the airport. The hotel is very central and everything is near at hand. Service is excellent and I voted super excellent for the price we paid. I will go back.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family