“Culture trip! by a manila girl”

Villa Alzhun Tourist Inn and Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 38 Tagbilaran City B&B and Inns
“Culture trip! by a manila girl”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Villa Alzhun is a historically spanish and filipino fusion architecture. Its old front house was made in the 1930's i was told. What greeted me also as i walked thru was the sea fresh air, floral garden with a bahay kubo bar!
i stayed 3 nights at their exec. suite with a veranda opening, loved the sea view! Alzhun is also 5 mins by tricycle or car to tagbilaran, very nice while i was in a business trip that time. Their food is also very delicious, tasty and much more selections now than when i visited a year ago. My business guest raved at the food, him being a frequent diner at Alzhun. The service would hv been excellent if they were faster cooking , but at least the front desk officer tipped me to advance my order and they will just call me in my room. the suite had a small dining area, where room service is excellent. Aircon new and very cold. The halls were well lit and clean.
I happened to encounter a boholano wedding as this place is also a wedding haven. Their open-air main event hall had i think 200 guests well-dressed and i felt at home and transported back in time to my 1960's wedding beside the sea. With an excellent ambiance, really good food, reasonable hotel rates and food price, thoughtful service i give it 2 thumbs up! I will go back this july with my family to avail of their tour package good for four at php 4999 per pax with a free whole body massage for everyone. Details and itinerary found at their website. By the way, brewed flavored coffee is a steal, and native boholano choco drink, crispy noodles, sisig, spaghetti marinara, chxn fingers, calamares completed my culture trip. I will definitely recommend this "home" beside the sea!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank marchellajmj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Nelson, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Nice location, with dining overlooking the water. Not far from central Tagbilaran, with free transport to port or airport. The rooms are adequate, with aircon, TV and refrigerator, but a bit scruffy. I could not get hot water from my shower. The wifi worked in my room, as well as in the public areas. There is no lift and no rooms on the ground floor.
Meals are reasonable in price and quality but the so-called American breakfast is poor.
Service rather erratic, sometimes fine but patience required at other times! Nothing special but if the location suits you, ok for the price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ian M
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I have travelled al over the Phs and stayed in many hotels without ever writing a negative review but Villa Alzhun deserves one. I stayed there 2 nights with my Phillipine family and found the service sub-standard and the food in the restaurant bland. The staff with the exception of the "trainees" were borderline rude. We had 2 rooms which each had one large towel. When we asked for dry towels after swimming we were told we must use the ones from our room, when we suggested that we needed those towels to dry ourselves after showering we were told 'sorry" but we can not give you any more towels. After speaking with the manager we were reluctantly given 2 more towels. Never again will I stay in this overpriced lodging.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank Liamo33

Travelers are raving about these Tagbilaran City hotels

Marikina, Philippines
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Me, my hubby and 5 of my friends stayed here for 3 days..when we were planning our trip to bohol we're quite hesistant where to look for the best place to stay.but all of us are in budget travel so we decided to find a place near Tagbilaran. I came across this website, www.villaalzhun.com, the rate is acceptable for budgeted traveller, has swimming pool which looks very clean and nice. i decided to inquire through phone and sure enough, i told to myself is this too good to be true?has free wifi, has complementary breakfast ( you even choose between american and filipino food), free use of swimming pool which i really love and free transfer to / fro the airport. Until the day of our arrival came, its a wow! the place is an old mansion which was converted to a hotel and the swimming is really ver nice. The room rate for family ( 4 pax) is at P1,700 and we just decided to get extra bed for my friend which makes the room quite crowded but nevermind since we want to all stay in one room.While two of my friends stayed in double room which cost them P1,350/day..and with all the free inclusion, i will definitely come back and stay in this place. and on top of that, the people are really very nice.They even packed our breakfast for our Island hopping since our call time is 5AM.They are all accomodating with out request they even allowed us to use their computer for internet connection..Thank you so much Villa Alzhun! We will surely come back to your place. Really Villa Alzhun is a home away from home.!! Also, if you guys are planning to have a tour around Bohol, you can also contact this tricycle driver: 09108198124, he was very kind to tour us around panglao at P300 for 4pax..and for the van and island hopping you can contact Mang Rod: 0918-5974969 /0999-3180158..they will definitely give you a good discount but nice service. It was the people who makes Bohol a very nice place to visit!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends