“no towel,smelly room, bad service” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Panda Tea Garden Suites
Ranked #18 of 38 Tagbilaran City B&B and Inns
Boracay, Philippines
“no towel,smelly room, bad service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

Month of June I stay in this hotel. when I go there they just ignore me so I need to wait for almost 15 minutes. I'm tired in my travel bad this hotel they don't care!!! when I enter the room was smell wierd !! then I go to toilet to check, it a little bit dirty and it has damage in toilet bowl!! so I talk to the staff to change room!! I change room and it's good bad the WIFi it's not working good. then when I wake up in the morning it's too late I found that I don't have towel in my room so I need to go downstairs to tell the employee that I don't have towel in my room!! it's my first time to check in , in the hotel with out towel!! I will never recommend this hotel . there is a lot of hotel in bohol better than this hotel!! and I regrets that I stay in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank fulgencio1992

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bacolod, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

Before we arrived here, I, as a mom, really had a hard time searching for a comfortable yet affordable place to stay for the summer. There are many hotels, resorts and inns that are very inviting to stay in. But I didn't stop there. I asked some of my relatives and friends who have already been to Bohol and they said that when they were strolling around the city and resorts, this Panda Tea Garden Suites is a must-stay-place since their rooms are not so fancy unlike other hotels. And their food are super delicious. Just like their rooms and food, they are both affordable and that's a place where my family and I wants to stay for the summer vacation. So I booked a room for my family and I. When we arrived at the airport, we were fetched by a clean Nissan van from Panda Tea. The driver welcomed us to the city. He was also friendly. The hotel is just near from the airport. Also, this hotel is near Island City Mall. We could just ride a trike or we could even walk going to the mall. We would surely come back here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank marie5485
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

The staff were all wonderful and the service was just great! We felt so well taken cared of that it almost felt like home to us. The food was affordable and taste good.They have customer value and well organised establishment. The staff are trained well and approachable. They always welcome you with their friendly smile. Rooms are very satisfying and the C.R is too clean you can even sleep their if you want. ^_^ They also provide hot tap water in all rooms and wifi connection. They have chosen the right location for guest who want away from noise. And most important is that you are secure when you are in their establishment for they have cameras everywhere, telephone every room and guard even mid night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Claire U
Cebu City, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

The service is poor, the employees are very incompetent.

I made a reservation last wednesday night for a twin room, and was told it'd be 1 double and 1 single bed. We checked in on a friday afternoon, at 3pm (april 25), and was told to wait. I was a bit in a hurry since my baby was sound asleep and was scared he might wake up. The staffs were whispering and was deliberating at something I and my husband couldn't comprehend. They told us to have a seat first, but there was no available chair at the reception since there were 2 big panda bears sitting on them. The front desk girl told us to wait for a moment, we asked what seemed to be a problem, they said they would just transfer some things to the other room so we could use our room. I was thinking, "What the heck? why would they transfer the other guest's things?" they explained the guest was not supposed to stay in that room. So I asked them if it's okay to wait outside of the room, (was expecting the corridors would be silent and cold). She agreed, and we followed the other employee to our room.

We were guided to a room 318, that had "ADMIN" pasted on the door. It would have been fine with me, when they started getting luggage out from the room, and i saw there were 2 bunk beds and 1 bed on the floor. The employee asked me to put the baby on the bed while she got the luggage out. Tired, i put down my baby on the bed on the floor and realized, it was a spring bed, and there were still dust and ants on the sheet. I asked them where was the bed frame, she said it was taken out and repaired. The lady said, they'd give us a 10% discount for the inconvenience. What the he##l was wrong with your guys?

I never felt so bastos and angry! that was my first time to lose my control.

My husband asked them what happened to the room we reserved. She answered this. "Kuan man gud sir, we are fully booked na and kani nalang ang available na room kay gi.repair ang isa ka room. Maong tagaan nalang mo namo 10 percent discount."
What? The room even looks like a bunk house! And we even made a reservation ahead of time! I was very annoyed at the way your employee answered and addressed the situation. You could have just called us if the room we reserved was no longer available. You could have offered a better solution and not letting your guests stay in your bunk house with unhygienic sheets! Even if you give us a 50 percent discount for that room, we will NEVER stay there! I asked for the owner's calling card, they only told us to get one of the fliers to contact the owner.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Jeddy O

Travelers are raving about these Tagbilaran City hotels

Davao City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

I am a humanitarian worker assigned in Bohol and i stayed in Panda Tea Garden Suites for two (2) months. I was very satisfied from its comfortable beds, clean sheets, towels and surroundings, hot shower, affordable and good food (cafeteria closes at 9pm but still serves coffee, tea and buns among others except for the need to cook food which i really don't mind). Also i can watch my favorite TV series, news and can work in my computer even after midnight because of the strong wifi connection. Very friendly staff, cheap price of rooms, a quiet place to stay with security guaranteed. When i want to go to a mall it's walking distance and when i want to go to other restaurants or a resort in Panglao perhaps they can provide a vehicle. I also noticed lots of expats are staying in the place. Furthermore my room was in the 4th floor and had the benefit of exercising every day and night with the stairs, i can't feel pressured (especially in my line of work) when i stayed in PTGS. It feels almost like a home far away from home. ;))

Room Tip: I prefer a room in the first floor which i also stayed for days.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank RamilMaquilan
Tagbilaran City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

As a frequent traveller to Bohol, I finally found an excellent place to stay .... clean, fast wifi, powerful water supply , great food, and happy crew. It is very convenient too -- walking distance to Island City Mall, and all major government offices. They provide everything a traveller needs--clean , fresh and white towels and linens, guest kits with toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap and you would not belive it, slippers which I always forget to bring . Panda Tea Garden Suites is my home in Bohol.

Room Tip: Great value for your money. All rooms have windows hence natural ventilation comes in.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jazlyn a
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

The Panda Tea is a small hotel around 2km from the main area of Tagbilaran. You need to catch a taxi or a trike to go between the two.

The room I had was basic - bed, bathroom and small air conditioner. Water pressure and temperature were quite poor. WiFi only works downstairs, not good enough for today's traveler. The staff however were all friendly and helpful.

I can't recommend eating at the downstairs cafe - the lunch I ordered was inedible.

Given the location and basic facilites, I would look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo