“Response to Jaimeph.....” 5 of 5 bubbles

El Portal Inn
Los Angeles, California
“Response to Jaimeph.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

First, I totally agree that the El Portal guards are GREAT. Second, I have stayed at the El Portal several times and have gotten to know the owners as well as the staff. I have NEVER witnessed any of the staff treat their guests in an unprofessional manner. I have witnessed miserable people take our their personal frustrations on staff members (unjustified). As for as the time dispute, WELCOME TO THE PHILIPPINES, where time means nothing----In any event, I am sure that in the event the kitchen was closed (despite the time), the staff would have graciously suggested places to eat (including delivery). Rock on El Portal, the BEST place to stay while on Bohol.

Room Tip: Leave a nice tip, the staff works hard to please you.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank boholcoffee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed at El Portal Inn from June 30 to July 02, 2012. I just sent an inquiry thru their email address and I got a quick reply from Mr. Jose Gallardo. They didn't ask for any deposit and I just paid all my bills upon check out. We stayed in their double deluxe room equipped with Cable TV, double bed, personal refrigerator, cabinet, Hot and Cold shower, a small table and a chair, and phone. They provide clean towels and soap only. They have a restaurant too. Our room is really clean particularly the CR. We were picked up from the airport on time with their very helpful and cool staff and driver. They do offer drop off service to the airport too.

The location is great. They are about 5 - 10 minute drive from the airpot and seaport. They are beside Metrobank and a walking distance to Plaza Marzela where you can find fast food chains like Jollibee and Greenwich and also a grocery store.

The best thing in this hotel is their superb service and super nice staffs. They always wear smiles every time they greet us. They attend to all your needs. Their tour package is really affordable. It was our first time in Bohol and thanks a lot to everyone in El Portal Inn for making our short vacation in the Island Paradise so nice and fantastic. We're planning to visit again next year and definitely we'll be staying here again. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone especially to all who will read this review (LOL)...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RochelleDelaCruz
Cebu City, Cebu City, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

Me and my partner had planned to visit bohol for a holiday. I have been dreaming to visit the place just to see the wonderful tarsier. We arrived in Tagbilaran City and stayed at El Portal Inn. for 2 days, the room was nice and clean. The first night, we were very tired from our afternoon tour, so we ordered foods for dinner by calling the girl on the reception and she was good in taking our order (fries, filipino breakfast meal, sandwich and mango shakes) after about 30 minutes of waiting, food was not yet served, so i called them again for a follow up and gave them our room number coz we thought that they might not know our room number coz i failed to gave them our room# the time i called them to have our order taken. I was speaking to her in a calm and a very nice way but i was disgusted with the way she responded to me, she sounded so impolite and the tone of her voice was a bit raising w/o showing any courtesy and she didn't even say any apology, i really did not feel the respect on her voice. I felt bad a bit but i stayed calm and tried to understand that she might had a bad mood that time and i still dared to smile. The second night, we got back from our a whole day tour around bohol and we decided to have a dinner at the hotel coz we were very tired so we sat on the table at the dining area. It was 8:02 PM in the evening so we called the waiter and ordered some foods to eat for dinner, however the waiter answered "sorry Sir, i cant take your order right now because our kitchen is already closed"...he also said that kitchen will be closed by 8:30pm and it was also written on the menu book that there kitchen will be inoperable by 8:30pm. We tried to check for the time on our watches and phones it was 8:02pm , we had looked at the dining clock and it was very clear 8:08PM. We were so upset that time and we just quickly stand and went back to our room w/o saying anything. My partner was extremely disgusted and he said that it was his first time to encounter the most terrible accommodation ever. For me, the over-all service that was provided to us is poor, specially to the disrespectful girl in the reception whom i was talking to on the phone... the only thing that i appreciated the most in El Portal Inn was there Security Guards on duty.. They greeted us, they smiled and they are very friendly, they helped us with our things so we were so much satisfied with them.. We had a great time in bohol, thanks to the security guards of El Portal Inn they are wonderful and to El Portal as well for being a part of our very first enjoyable vacation in bohol..

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Jaimeph
los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

Thanks to Pam/Jose and their staff. They really go out of their way to accomodate their guest. While it may appear I am an easy reviewer, I am NOT. I am very selective and we have a saying, we save where we can so we can spend where we want. I have been fortunate to have a Filipina girlfriend and together we research the places we visit prior to our stay. It was here that I learned of the Makati Apartelle (the place we stay while in Metro Manila) from a guest at the El Portal, and as it turns out the owner of the Makati Apartelle and most of the staff come from BOHOL. These two hotels compliment each other. The El Portal offers excellent rates and CLEAN rooms that have in room wi-fi. The guard "Vern" is always on the look out for your best interest and has become my unofficial son. You really feel right at home here....While staying at the El Portal, just ask Vern or the front desk for the best places to eat. If you want REAL COFFEE and some yummie pizza, try Cup of Joe's located in the BQ Mall. Ask for Kevin and tell him Mark Hylland sent you. WE LOVE the EL PORTAL, as usual Emma will write her own review and will include photos.

Room Tip: Try to get a window room....worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank tazwisdom
Maranding, Camiguin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

We stayed here for two nights before embarking to Camiguin. The service is without fault, the rooms are clean, only WiFi in the room was a bit of a problem. For the price of the room a real bargain. Will definitely stay again there next year.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Batangas City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

My good friend and I stayed here very recently for two nights. For the price, I did not expect the room to be so clean, in order, and well-maintained. The hotel staff were really nice and the tour package they offered was reasonably-priced. I will definitely stay here again in my next trip to Bohol.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank DavidBernal
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

my room is okie dokie, a double bed with a/c and attached washroom. the washroom was acceptable clean :) the only thing was there;s no window in my room. i dont really use a/c the whole night so when i turned the a/c off, soon i get sweat so i did not have choice other than turn the a/c on.
the thing that i like was the wifi was so strong :D and i like the friendly staffs
they provide breaky and they also have tours for you if you like.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo