All reviews greek night cooking class other guests great fun the owner her husband summer holidays nice pool greek cookery half way mrs maria through rci the entire staff bus service off season greek style golden beach
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Not your typical timeshare. At Anezina, with Maria and her staff, you are treated like family. Cooking class and Greek Night are highly recommended as is the resort restaurant. It is best to rent a car so you can explore the island at your own pace. Be sure to take the ferry across to Antiparos and take the short boat ride to Despotiko. We also enjoyed the traditional town of Lefkos. Loved our stay..

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Maria A, Owner at Anezina Village, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your review and your nice words. I am happy that you enjoyed the Greek Night, the Cooking Class and Anezina Restaurant. I am glad that you had a good time on Paros and hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This resort had everything we required and the staff were excellent to deal with. All of our requests were expertly handled. Facilities and amenities were exactly as expected. The unexpected was the top notch and courteous service we received throughout our stay.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelsavvy1954

Thank you very much for your review and your nice words. I am glad that you had a good time with us!

Reviewed May 8, 2019

We reserved a week at Anezina Village through RCI for a single bedroom that slept 4. When our trip was postponed due to student visa issues, Maria (the owner) was kind enough to allow us to pick another week the following year. My daughter is a HUGE fan of Mamma Mia so she was delighted to find Anezina has been passed down from mother to daughter to granddaughter over the years. It has the charm and attention that usually comes with a family owned business. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. They encouraged us to join them for their Orthodox Easter brunch (amazing!!) and offered tips and advice as we explored the island. Both Maria and Anazina made a point to check in with us daily to see how we were doing. Anazina ran out to our car as we were departing to wish us a safe trip home.

The condo (light blue door) was newly renovated and had a very authentic Greek feel. The doors have screens so you can leave them open to enjoy the amazing number of birds singing and cool ocean breeze. The kitchen has everything but we never cooked since the attached restaurant offered an affordable, tasty breakfast (we are still craving the yogurt and honey) and spent the rest of the day traveling the island. We took advantage of both patios to sit in the sun in the morning and drink wine in the evening. There is an ATM, grocery store and multiple bars within walking distance. I loved getting away from the crowds in the more popular areas of the island.

Drios has no village center but it does have an impressive beach (Golden Beach) that is known for its water sports. Make sure you walk down the hill from the resort (in front of the grocery store) to the coast and follow the trail both east AND west. It follows the cliffs and has some amazing views. It is split in one area where the cliff has eroded but you can work your way around it. I took some fantastic pics at dusk and wished I had had time to walk it again every day after that.

The best thing about Drios is its location; half way between the major villages. Nothing was more than a 30 minute drive so we were buzzing all over the island. I HIGHLY recommend you rent a car at the port which means you need an International Drivers Permit. You can get this in person at any AAA location in minutes. I also highly recommend you reserve seats in business class if you are taking the ferry from Athens otherwise you could be sitting on the stairs for hours. If you want the classic, charming pictures of Greek homes without tourists visit Prodromos, a village only a short drive to the east. I also recommend a trip to the Monastery at the top of the hill in Marpissa IF YOU CAN HANDLE THE TIGHT, STEEP ROAD UP. The view is stunning.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Monica_W1970
Maria A, Owner at Anezina Village, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2019

Thank you so much for your detailed review and your kind words! We are very happy that you enjoyed your time here with us and on Paros in general. We hope to see you soon again! Best regards from Anezina Village!

Reviewed April 21, 2019

Maria and Stamus' resort was the perfect antidote to an extremely stressful life! It was just before the season began so some restaurants and activities weren't open yet but Maria and the staff provided as much (or as few) excursions as we wanted, cooking classes, and the wonderful Greek Night food and dancing, so everything felt like just enough. I was actually happy for the relative quiet of off season. My bedroom wasn't heated so might request a different room next time as it was definitely chily. I will definitely go back!

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Maria A, Owner at Anezina Village, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2019

Hello Nathalie,
Thank you so much for your review. I am really happy that you enjoyed your time with us and that you could relax on Paros. I am very sorry that you didn't find it warm enough in your bedroom. Next time we will find a better solution. I hope to see you soon again! Greetings, Maria

Reviewed April 17, 2019

Great family resort! They offer a Greek Night buffet that offers lots of local dishes. There is also a cooking class that was very family friendly. My daughters enjoyed making dolmades and the local type of baklava.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Armed Forces Vacation Club
Maria A, Owner at Anezina Village, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2019

Thank you for your words. I am very happy that you and your family enjoyed your time, the Greek Night and the Cooking Class with us. I hope to see you soon again!