Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Casino
Agoda.com
All reviewspuerto ricobreakfast buffetchain hotelpool areapleasant staynice poolpublic areassmall hotelan upgradesan juan airportthe air conditioningxo bistroastridprislandwhirlpoolforest
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is my first time to stay in this hotel and in this area of Puerto Rico. The hotel is a little out in the middle of nowhere, but it is only about a 10 minutes up 52 to get to town and any restaurant you want. The pool is clean and was not crowded at all. We basically had the the whole pool to ourselves. We got upgraded to a suite, on the first floor. There is a full sized refrigerator in the room and a dining bar to eat at. theres a sitting room (den) and a bedroom, separated by double doors. Two flat screen TVs. this was unexpected. The view was still pretty good even if it was on the ground floor. Lush green forest all around. There is a golf course nearby, and when I come back, I will bring my clubs. The casino is next door and apparently is a favorite place of the locals. I was a lot disappointed to find out the only crap table in the place never opens. They did accommodate us when we wanted to play black jack, but didn't want to pay $10 a hand. They changed it to $5 and we sat down and played . Within thirty minutes the table was full. I guess the locals love it when the tourists come in,, because all of the tables were $10. The bartender Mylee in the hotel was very helpful and informative. As was the staff in the morning for breakfast. The entire staff was very helpful while we there. I just might have found another place in Puerto Rico that I love to visit!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Textrav14
Flavia B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear Textrav14,

Thank you for staying with us, we are always happy to read that our guests were able to reach their potential. I am happy that we could accommodate you into a room more suitable for your stay. Also we are glad you enjoyed your overall stay and so glad you took advantage of our features, amenities and simple pleasures. I will personally share the great comments about Mylee and the morning staff from our X.O Bistro, they will love to hear that were able to create a memorable experience.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Not a bad place to stay. Most of the staff speak good english and ready to help you in any way. The hotel restaurant I found a little pricey as well the bar. Found much cheaper to go out and eat and have a few drinks.

When I checked in they gave me an option to go green. This means that they will empty my garabage change towels and that's pretty much it. For that I was given a $5 coupon that I could use at the hotel or redeem for points when I checked out. The beds are very comfortable and the air conditioning works great. I did hear a few people complaining about no hot water, but I never had an issue with that.

All in all a good hotel and I would come back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Flavia B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear Reg Cin,

Many thanks for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be a good place to stay. First I would like to mention that we do have a social responsibility towards the environment and for that reason we have achieved the Green Key Certification, an Eco – Label for tourism facilities that aims to contribute to sustainable tourism by awarding and promoting good initiatives.

A Green Key Certification demonstrates that the Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Casino has shown national industry leadership and commitment to protecting the environment through its wide-ranging initiatives and practices that involve our employees, guests and general public.

Second I want to apologize if you were inconvenienced by the cost of food here at the hotel and I will be sharing this valuable information to our Food & Beverage Team.

We hope to see you soon,

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Just got out of the hotel it was good... Nice Casino and service...Love it... The Casino was great the member ship to the was fast but they don't give free game boucher to match bets at the tables just a raffle ticket. Over all good experience...

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Victor J

Dear Victor J,

Thank you very much for your review and for choosing the Four Points by Sheraton at Caguas Real Hotel & Casino for your recent vacation. We truly value your feedback as a guest and appreciate you taking the time to post a review. I was glad to hear you enjoyed your Casino experience and will be sharing your comments regarding some extras. Please come back and see us soon for another Honest, Uncomplicated and Comfortable stay.

I remain at your service,

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Me and my family spent a weekend here to relax and enjoy time together. This is a small hotel but is very clean and employees are very polite. It has a huge casino so if your like that kind of activities this hotel is for you. Pool is nice and excellent for small children. Restaurant is a little expensive but there are plenty of fast food restaurants near by. Would go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Formandy

Dear Formandy,

Many thanks for sharing your experience and feedback. We truly appreciate you taking the time to include details about the property and our simple pleasures available to our guests. I will be sharing your comments regarding the restaurant prices with our Food and Beverage Team. Thank you again and looking forward to have you back with us.

I remain at your service,

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed one weekday night. When we checked in, we were told our parking slip was 'Validated', but when it was time to check out, we learned that 'Validated' meant $10 parking to stay at the hotel. I do not know how much it costs to park at the adjacent casino. Room and bathroom was clean.

Our reservation was messed up. We had booked and pre-paid for a room with a king sized bed, but when checking in at 3pm, we told all that was left was a room with 2 double beds, on the ground floor. We took this because we did not feel like we had a choice.

Service at bar was lacking. And this was after the dinner rush, hardly anyone in the place. I ordered a Mojito and my husband a beer. He got his beer. I waited for mojito. When I asked one server about the Mojito, it was kind of indicated that someone had to get the mint next door. (Which I assumed meant from the casino bar.) After my husband ordered and received another beer. I asked again about my mojito, and was told there was no mint. I understand if they cannot make a drink because they do not have ingredients, but I wish they had just told me that from the start. I then ordered a pina-colada, which was fine. But by the time it was brought to me, my husband was done his second beer, and we both felt we were ready to leave since it was so late. The food we ordered was good. We split a sandwich, large enough for two.

We will not stay here again. A vacation should be relaxing, not stressing.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Donna08046,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Please accept my sincere apologies for the opportunities that arose throughout your stay with us. While I am glad you found our rooms to be clean and the food good, I know that the opportunity with the lack of responsiveness with the "Mojito" was really stressful to you and unacceptable. If you'd like to discuss this in further detail, please reach out to me at fbonilla@fourpointspr.com. Thanks for your feedback and we hope you will reconsider and return for another stay in the future. We would love the opportunity to provide you with an Honest, Uncomplicated and Comfortable experience.