“Great place for a family visit”

Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Casino
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Caguas
GreenLeadersSilver level
California
“Great place for a family visit”
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

We like to visit relatives but they do not have a house big enough for our family of five but this little hotel does wonders. We can stay in a clean, reliable place with friendly faces and be with our relatives during the day. Price is very reasonable and children can enjoy pool. Can't ask for mire!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank APT2004
Flavia B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear APT 2004,

Thank you for your positive and wonderful review on your stay. We understand that it's the little things in life, a good beer, a clean and comfortable bed and service with a smile that really make a difference when travel is essential. We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in Puerto Rico!

fbonilla@fourpointspr.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Lake Elsinore, California
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I recently wrote back to this hotel which was asking for my input to share during my stay. This is what I wrote and my recommendations. The hotel and their staff was conviniently locateded to the work place I was sent on for business. It is clean, attractive, staff was courteous etc, I did mention that considering that this is a tropical island I would have expected more foliage and exotic flavor to the extablishment. The rooms while clean were rather Spartan, but if you are like me, all I need is a comfortable bed, and a quite nights sleep and i am happy. Did not visit the casino but the bar and restaurant were accomodating. I agree with one other reviewer that this is pretty much the only decent hotel in the area and that they could possibly benefit from some additional competition to get them to the next level of customer satifaction, but I say this not to take away from the experience, but rather to offer constructive criticism. over all, it served my purpose. If they would like to plan on a five star rating, competition or not, they need to take it to the next level regardless.

AJB

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Alvin B
Flavia B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Alvin B,

Whether you're visiting Puerto Rico for business or leisure, you can rely on the Four Points by Sheraton at Caguas Real to provide Honest, Uncomplicated, Comfort accommodations and straightforward service during your stay. We're pleased you enjoyed our location convenient to your business as well as our caring and courteous staff. Thank you for your review, we hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

It was little pricy for the location. it is far from turistic atractions of San Juan but I stay because I had a wedding close to it and I can not complaint. GO for this one.
Good
Good Good Good .........................................

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Tonito4
Dear Tonito 4,

Thank you for your Good review and kind words. Remeber that at the Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real, you can relax and enjoy yourself with comfort foods, great local beers in a fun atmosphere that's free of pretenses. I really appreciate you taking the time to write such a fair review. Hope to see you back soon!

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This hotel is the ONLY one in Cauguas, PR. They could use some competition. This is an average hotel (comparable to a Days Inn). There were so many things wrong. There is not enough parking so if you get back to the hotel after 9pm, good luck finding a place to park. The casino is adjacent to the hotel and on the weekends the guests come back to their rooms at 3 or 4am, yelling and slamming doors. The food in the ONLY restaurant isn't good and the sevice was poor. The public areas were not as clean as the should be. Room service trays in the hallway from the time we came in around 9 or 10pm till the next day when we were leaving again around 11am. The elevator had fingernail clippings and spit that wasn't cleaned up for the last 3 or 4 days of our stay.We checked prices on the hotels in San Juan and could have done much better there. We stayed here because my dad's family is in Cayey and this was the only hotel in the area. They think they are a 5 star hotel but it's not even close. I would only stay here again if I had to. Oh and also the golf course is a seperate business. The hotel staff didn't even know the prices. If you are only expecting average than you will be happy with this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in San Juan!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Melody S
Dear Melody S.

Thank you for review. We don't really want our Honest, Uncomplicated, Comfort to be interpreted as an average hotel. We do strive to have Simple Pleasures, like our Best Brew Beer, complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, complimentary bottles of water inside the room an awesome pool, etc. As I mentioned to you on the communication sent to your personal e-mail right after your check out, I will be sharing your genuine comments with our leadership team to address the issues immediately. We hope to see you soon.

Milford,Pa
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed here with my wife while visiting her mother for a romantic getaway. The staff is friendly, the room was clean and comfortable and the casino and pool completed our needs for a weekend getaway. The city of Caguas is nearby and on our way back to Coamo we stopped on Sunday in Guavate for roasted pig.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Milford_PaMooseman
Dear Mr. Milford_PaMooseman,

Thank you so much for your Honest review. I'm really glad you found the staff friendly and the room clean and comfortable. I really enjoy passing on the positive feedback! Thank you for the kind words! I hope we will be welcoming you back soon!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here twice 9/8 - 11 and 9/13 - 16/2012 because it's close to family we were visiting. The 1-2-3 offer was great: $123/night, free continental breakfast, free parking, 2 welcome rum drinks, $25 in casino vouchers and 10% discount coupon for the XO Bistro. Shirley at the front desk was fast and efficient with our check-in. Andrea at the front desk was very helpful with directions. Sadoc (spelling?) provided excellent customer service at the XO Bistro.

The hotel offers free wifi; the signal is very strong in the lobby, but degrades in the rooms the higher you go. The fitness center is adequate for a hotel of this size and has state of the art equipment. The rooms don't have in-room safes so we had to use the hotel safe deposit boxes for my wife's jewelry, my extra cash and our new iPads when we left the room, a minor annoyance. While the wait staff at the XO Bistro is always very friendly, breakfast service was very slow with only 3 - 4 tables occupied after the morning rush; we're talking after 9:00 am. On the positive side, the breakfast was freshly made and not warmed over.

We had a good stay, the location is perfect for our needs and we will definitely stay here in the future.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Flavia B, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Ivan C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Award Wining property! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our 1-2-3 special promotion and that it was a "Great Value." We are consistently striving for 100% guest satisfaction. Rooms with safe deposit boxes are available upon request, so please let us know with your next reservation and we will be happy to accommodate. Our genuine caring staff, Shirley, Andrea and Sadoc will be recognized for delivering a memorable experience.

We thank you for your kind words and look forward to seeing you!

Dorado, Puerto Rico
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The hotel was very clean and beautiful, the rooms was comfortable. the pool was a little bit small, has no beach near and literally you have the highway on front of the hotel but still had a great time.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear Emanuel N,

Thank you for taking a moment to review our Award Wining property! So glad we could host your family during your brief stop in Caguas. We look forward to having you back next time!

fbonilla@fourpointspr.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caguas
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort
#20 of 46 in San Juan
4.0 of 5 bubbles 6,866 reviews
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!