“No,no,no not here!!!”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I'm so grateful that there is a provision like TA for travelers to preview prior to paying their hard earned cash. This is certainly one place I 'd gladly direct people away from. I agree w/ the negative reviews. The service is bad, the eatery itself is something straight out of an episode of Gordon Ramsey' kitchen nightmares and the food is atrocious. unsanitary buckets ( to catch a leak) right out in full view of the diners in the dining room. the odor from the carpet suggest it had'nt been cleaned thoroughly in God knows how long! my meal was forgettable - surprisingly the salad bar was the only half decent thing there. That is when the manager was not picking out items w/ his bear ungloved hands to eat. It is extremely annoying to watch staff members sit & eat food when you've been waiting over twenty minutes for your food. If management is unprofessional you know the staff will follow suit- this place was a waste of time and money, unfortunately was one of only eatery's near us. We should have known better it was half empty. Stay away from this folks.

There are newer reviews for Ponderosa Steakhouse

Reviewed March 2, 2013

A lot of food for a reasonable price! The beef tenderloins were wonderful - I loved the additional salad bar!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Excellent as usual!!! Great service, great waitress, the menu has more specials so you get more for your money, I know that is hard to believe since we have always gotten more for our money eating here, but now they have outdone themselves to our advantage!! Excellent!!!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I went to Ponderosa on a Tuesday night, deciding to move away from the traditional Puerto Rican cuisine on our vacation. This restaurant was absolutely poor when it came to atomosphere and food. We got there about 730pm and the place smelled of dirty water that they would have used to clean the tables. It's only after we paid, placed our orders and went in search of somewhere to sit, did we realize this. There also weren't a lot of people there, so it wasn't hard to get a seat. I ordered the chicken parmesan with fries and this was awful. The sauce for the chicken had a weird taste and the chicken was like it came out a box and was microwaved with the cheese on top. My husband had a chicken dish with mashed potatoes and the potatoes tasted like they came out a pack, so they weren't real potatoes. We were able to use the salad bar at no additional cost. This was probably the most tolerable part. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. I'm not sure if the day (Tuesday) and time had anything to do with it, but this was a bad first time experience.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Where do I begin? First you have to line up, grab a tray, order your choice of meal which is a meat and side. I got the breaded shrimp with wedges. $15 and I got 6 shrimp. If you want to eat anything from the salad buffet, you have to pay an extra $4 and if you want ice cream it's another $2.50. Oh and the soda is also another $2.40. So a full meal will cost you about $25 including taxes. That wouldn't be so bad if everything was great. The bathrooms were filthy, the potato wedges dry, my daughters Tostones were soggy and without flavor. No refills on drinks, they make sure you know that by putting a huge sign up. It was really a bad experience, I felt like I was in a school lunchroom with the trays and bad food, except they make you pay $$ for it. All in all the food was bad, overpriced, and the place was dirty. Not worth it. Places like this make me so upset because I could have cooked at home yet we go out as a family to enjoy the good food and the experience of being catered to. Waste of money! Go eat Alcapurrias! By the way this Ponderosa was in Isla Verde, Puerto Rico, right by Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.