“They got the food down, just need to improve the service”
Review of Angus Ranch & Co.

Angus Ranch & Co.
Ranked #5 of 111 Restaurants in Caguas
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I have been to Angus Ranch about six times. I live in the area and honestly Caguas does not have that many good places to eat so Angus Ranch is a welcomed addition.

The quality of the food has been consistently good.

I must point out a couple of items that do stand out- the Sangria which is really sweet and different (highlighted by other reviewers) and the skirt steak with mushroom sauce and tostones (recommended).

The parking space is limited and uncomfortable but they do have a watchman looking over all the time.

One reviewer compared to prices to Ruth Chris which is quite exaggerated. (I'd love to eat at that Ruth Chris they went to). Prices and portions are aligned.

The only real complain is the service which could be more consistent. Some waiters have been very nice but one in particular (won't name him since he always seems to be there) is very pushy and keeps insisting on a plate suggestions even after I repeatedly tell him I did not want that. He also questioned me why I did not want Sangria when I requested a diet cocked (and kept insisting).

They need to go to Metropol in Fajardo to learn how to treat customers.

The middle tables are too close to each other (and there are no booths) which probably explains why some people find it kind of loud, plus I am not a fan of sitting so close to strangers. Pick one of the corner tables and you should be ok.

Mainly they need to improve on some of the waiters and maybe get rid of a table or two to create some space. They already got the food down which is the most important part. Overall the place is good.

1  Thank Many91

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I visit the Angus Ranch frequently, since i just love the food and the spectacular Sangria Tinta.
I have had the opportunity to take my family to celebrate birthdays and we have had excellent service everytime. The churrasco in salsa de setas is my favorite with tostones. I highly recommend it. The Sangria Tinta is pure heaven, ask for the Jarra!

Considering the quality of the food, I believe that the pricing is just about right. I have gone to several high priced restaurants in the San Juan area and have paid more for less. This place is generous with their servings, you will not go home hungry.

Nevertheless, the only think I would recommend is to add more parking, since it is always full.

1  Thank Lira99
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Good food, sangria was awesome but as the previous reviewer said not a place for kids. The design of the ceiling makes the place louder, and even one screaming kid is too much.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

My experience was poor and it was based on the atmosphere and not the food. Unfortunately, this restaurant does not have seating for those that want to have a quiet evening away from those that prefer to bring their small children to a non-family style restaurant. It is not uncommon to visit an upscale restaurant for a quiet dinner, just to have a family next to you with a child having temper tantrums and ruining your peaceful evening. Restaurant owners know this a cultural habit and should take this into consideration when planning seating arrangements.

Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

My husband decided to take me there since we passed by it and it looked nice. It was a nice cozy ambience, Ok service, GREAT Sangria (passion fruit). I had the NY, cooked just how I like it. My husband had the ribs and they were also excellent. Will go back there on a heart beat. DO NOT MISS THIS PLACE!!

2  Thank Sweetevil89