“An excellent meal - a fine host”
Review of Tomar de Sal

Tomar de Sal
Ranked #2 of 151 Restaurants in Maia
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 25, 2019 via mobile

This is a gem of a restaurant. If you are staying near the Porto airport, make sure you take the time to dine here. The food is wonderful, the presentation is lovely and the host is an amazing gentlemen. Our whole experience here was five star!

Reviewed May 17, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed my meal at Tomar de Sal. It’s a little hard to find, tucked in the corner near the park, but the owner saw me looking around and invited me in 15 minutes before the restaurant opened for dinner. His English is very good and he’s very friendly. He brought the menu over and translated everything for me. When he found out I was from California, he got excited and brought his new California guide book over to show me and we talked about places he wanted to visit in the US. I had the cheese appetizer, the curried shrimp with rice, an amazing chocolate cake, and a glass of white wine. It was all very tasty and reasonably priced.

There were several cats wandering around outside the restaurant and he told me how he and the fish market next door take care of about 10 of them, including having them all fixed. He even paid the vet bills for one that had been hit by a car, the sweet thing is doing fine now and is very friendly. So if you’re looking to adopt a cat from Portugal….

In summary, the owner is extremely nice with good English and he loves animals, and the food is good and not expensive. I highly recommend Tomar de Sal if you’re staying near the airport.

Reviewed May 13, 2019

Such a friendly owner, pleasant conversation. Translated menu for us. Food was so very delicious and well priced.

Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

Everything was delicious!! The hosting was so nice and welcoming, best place for dinner befor catching a flight

Reviewed April 13, 2019

Excellent cuisine and warm welcome in a very friendly way. Cuisine by the mistress of the house. A little difficult to find though!

Date of visit: April 2019