“Course Review: PADI Open Water Diver”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of South Sea Divers

South Sea Divers
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Sabang
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Since 1983 our relaxed and friendly dive shop has been conveniently located right on Sabang Beach in Puerto Galera, Philippines. Within a 10 minute boat ride you can enjoy a wide range of scuba diving experiences; from exploring wrecks and leisurely drift dives in shallow bays, to challenging depth and exciting current dives.We dive only in small Groups and are happy to cater for individual needs and wishes.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Course Review: PADI Open Water Diver”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I went to Sabang to enroll in the PADI Open Water Diver course at 'South Sea Divers' in March 2014. This somewhat smaller dive centre is driven by 'Sky', an American dive master, who founded it some decades ago as one of the first dive spots in Sabang.
Sky also became my dive instructor, which turned out to be very fortunate. He is a well-experienced and friendly person, teaching me the course content with high quality and patience!
After learning the dive basics in a nearby swimming pool, I particularly enjoyed the open water dives at various dive sites.
Beside my dive instructor, all other people at the dive centre were very friendly and helpful, in particular the 'secretary' who nicely took care of all the administrational issues.
Overall, it was a great experience, and I can recommend South Sea Divers to beginners as well as experienced divers!

Visited March 2014

2 Thank Sebastian M
South Sea Diver... S, Manager at South Sea Divers, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Hi Sebastian, thank you for your comments on tripadvisor. I'm glad the you enjoyed the course, as you know I enjoy teaching so we both had a good time. :) Thanks again. Sky

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Great dive centre and great diving!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Great dive centre with nice friendly staff that offers relaxing diving at a reasonable price. The boats are good and entry/exit during dives is pretty easy. The staff are pretty flexible to where there guests want to dive if the conditions are safe! Puerto Galera diving was better than I expected, although there is not really any big stuff there is plenty of small stuff if you don't rush your dive and it has some of the most colourful sites I have seen in the Philippines too. I would be more than happy to dive with them again.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank greatwhite_75
South Sea Diver... S, Front Office Manager at South Sea Divers, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Hi there,

SSD here, we would like to say thank you for giving us a very,very nice review.
Hope you are doing well. Whenever you are in Puerto again..please don't hesitate to see us ;)

Cherry/SSD TEAM
Mermaid Beach, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“South Sea Divers”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I had a great time with South Sea Divers in November last year.They are very professional,the gear was great and the diving was awesome.I had such a great trip I am heading back there to dive with them in a couple of weeks,I can't wait.

Visited November 2013

1 Thank Mark D
Dear Mark,
Thank you for your time visiting our Trip Ad page, and for giving a very nice review.
Hope you really enjoyed your trip.

All the best,

SSD TEAM
Nantes, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Diver center review”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I was enrolled in the PADI Open Water Diver course of this diver center and was very happy about the quality of the PADI instructors and also the diver accompanists. They are all very friendly and well-experienced. The tutor was enthusiasm and the price was very correct. For this course i had 5 open water dive and all the sites was wonderful. They speak English, Spanish and also French. In this center I have met some international divers and they are all happy about the quality of the service and they really love the atmosphere here

Visited January 2014

2 Thank cannellele
Hi there Miss!

Thank you so much for the very nice review.... : )) Hope to see you again.
Take care!
SSD TEAM
Cap-Haitien, Haiti
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Good dives fun folks”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Between 21 Dec 2013 and 3 Jan 2014, I had the pleasure of diving with Sky and his team of professionals in Sabang. Sky, Paul, Cherry, Amil, and Kim are what make South sea Divers click. Gear is sorted and in order, boats are in great operating condition and the facilities are clean and organized. Yes Diving in Sabang is great, but diving with South Sea Divers made it an awesome experience. Upon request Sky sorted out a midnight dive for us on New Years Eve. Rockets punctuated our departure from the beach and the drift dive Sky chose was perfect. As we came back into port, the rockets once again celebrated our return. Next to the dive center is a great beachfront restaurant to make the dive intervals. the view from Tamarind is exquisite and the snacks between dives light and refreshing. Thanks Sky and Paul! and thanks to your team at South sea Divers who made this holiday special!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Robert D
South Sea Diver... S, Front Office Manager at South Sea Divers, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Hellooo Sir Bob, thank you very much for the wonderful message. I'm sure all gets it :)
We hope to see you again. Be safe!

Best Regards,